What's new

Anyone else looking forward to Father Ted Vol. 2?? (1 Viewer)

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I hope this DVD comes out on its official street date(3/5). I think BBC america stopped showing Ted about 3 months ago. And let's get Volume 3 out soon

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I am certainly looking forward to volume 2. Nice that they're putting the entire season in a two disc set, rather than breaking it up into two releases and making us pay more. I'd expect volume 3 to follow in a similar timeframe as volume 2 did to the first disc; what was it, about six months?.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Yes, I want this set!
But, even more, I want
The Vicar of Dibley
on DVD, and
more of French and Saunders
recent shorts.
Mark

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
It came out in two releases over here, making us pay more. Stupid R2, one of the only UK dvds I own. Genius comedy.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait! My wife hasn't seen much of series 2 and none of the 'specials' so we're really looking foward to watching it together.

Now, all we need is season 2 of League of Gentleman...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Kai, I saw all of season 2 when it was originally broadcast on the BBC (and the original broadcast on BBC America, don't think many people can say that!;) ). I really need the Region 1 release though instead of a R2 edition.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Brian, I am a bigger supporter of R1 than I am R2. I have the R1 release of the first League series and e-mailed BBC US recently about a US R1 release of series 2 which they said was not on the cards...so I got the r2.

As for Ted, I need confirmation the R1 of series 2 will feature the Christmas special, the r1 is far better value then the split release on region2 so is obviously the one I would prefer.

Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Hmmm, hopefully it is there as a bonus. It's one the first R2 disc os series one and I believe is listed as a bonus. From the R1 press release the commentaries have been ported over from the R2s to R1 this time (they were not for series 1) so here's hoping. Christmasy Ted let itself down in the last part, but it does have moments of genius.

Dan

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Indeed, Dan, there's some brilliant moments in it.

I don't *think* it's been shown on BBC America yet - I wonder if that factors into it.... I'd love to be wrong, but I haven't seen it.

Just getting the commentaries is good, the Christmas stuff would be excellent.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Some classic season2 moments:

"Ted, doesn't this rabbit look like yer man there. Harvey Keitel!"

"Dougal, I don't honestly believe that a rabbit could look anything like- OH MY GOD HE DOES!"

and...

"Woarggh!"

"Dougal, what is it?"

"I just remembered, Ted. Aliens is on after the news!"

"Dougal, we are not watching Aliens"

"But it's the director's cut!"

"Dougal....NO!"

"Ah c'mon, Ted! Bishops love Aliens!"

Brian, have BBC America run series 3? I ask because I'd like to buy the Region 1 discs of series 1 & 2 but don't want to do so only to be left in the lurch with no series 3 release due. Maybe Christmassy Ted will be on as a bonus on that future release... BBC's R1 output is usualy done well.

Dan

PS: "Have you met Val Kilmer? I hear he's a complete bastard!"

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
BBCAmerica starts showing season three next month - there's six episodes shown on Sunday March 17th. Strangely, it's 1,2,5,6,7 & 8.

Wonder what happened to 3 & 4.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
This is due out today... Anyone pick it up yet? What's the scoop on the episodes/Christmas specials?

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Brian, I am a bigger supporter of R1 than I am R2. I have the R1 release of the first League series and e-mailed BBC US recently about a US R1 release of series 2 which they said was not on the cards...so I got the r2.
Dan - that's bad news if correct. I thought a while ago it came up in a forum (while discussing LoG and the R2 release of Season 2) that a US release was on the cards but would take a few months.

If the US release has been cancelled, I'll pick up the R2 too, but would have preferred an R1 release.

Bleddyn

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yup, I remember the discussion when the 'Gents' agent (think it was their agent) said it was coming. I just had to e-mail BBC America to find out when it was due as the R2 was staring me in the face wherever I went. That was the response the gave me... Now I have the R2, I await an R1 announcement soon of course :)
The BBC still cheated by not putting the genius Christmas Special onto disc 2. There was lots of room to add it.
So, has anyone picked up Ted yet?
Dan

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Mine was shipped from Digital Eyes Monday so it should be in front of my door Wed. So no Xmas special :thumbsdown: Maybe they are holding it for the 3rd season

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I picked my copy up today. Looks good from what I've watched. Commentaries on the first disc only. No insert, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks