What's new

Anyone else looking forward to "Century City"? (1 Viewer)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
The show was lucky it got a lead in from "NCIS" because frankly, it just did not hold my interest. BTW, did anyone notice that the CBS HD broadcast of both "NCIS" and "Century City" was really grainy last night, at least it was on Cox Cable here in N. San Diego county. Usually shows like the Monday lineup starting with "Yes, Dear" and ending with "CSI" is pretty good. It just seems like last nights broadcast wasn't up to par.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I thought the show was fair. Like most everyone else, I liked the band subplot a lot better than the "A" story. Cloning has just been done to death in sci-fi, especially recently. Of course, now that it's becoming more and more of a reality, I guess it's acceptable for "real" shows to take it on now.

"Century City" certainly has potential, but I agree that the characters do seem a bit conventional thus far, but it is, after all, only the pilot.

To me it seems like a show for people who aren't that interested in sci-fi. I love the promos where the actors make a point of assuring everyone, "There are no giant monsters or aliens," and things like that. As if giant monsters and aliens automatically mean it can't be a serious show. :rolleyes:

I'll probably watch the episodes that are shown over the next few months, although if it continues to be on Tuesdays at 8, I will be taping. 24 is back on March 30th, you know. :D

derek

Second Unit
Looks like Century City could get nuked pretty quick...

"Tuesday's debut of the CBS futuristic legal drama Century City was trounced by American Idol, according to Variety. The trade paper added that only 8.86 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic tuned in, making Century City the network's lowest-ranking premiere in the last five years." ..scifiwire..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But that's just unrealistic expectations to think any new show is going to go heads-up against AI and garner an appreciable share of the viewing audience. I think word of mouth is going to kill this show as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks