What's new

anyone else like the B&W 604 S3?? (1 Viewer)

scott cerv

Stunt Coordinator
I have recently been auditioning speakers for a new system. I'd have to say I have about a $3K budget set for the speakers (fronts, center, rear). I enjoy the sound of the B&W 604 S3 and wondering if anyone else likes them as well. Listened to SRV on them as well as Gov't Mule and some jazz. They seem to have a flat response. The Klipsch I listened to were very harsh in the highs so I bagged them from the list. I have yet to listen to the Paradigm Studio 80's, but did listen to the Studio 100's and felt they just lacked a little in the image. I also checked out the CM4's, but they couldn't handle the high spl. I want a "big" sounding speaker for the front!

Anyone else like the B&W 604 S3?? I plan on trying to audition some studio 80's tomorrow.

SC

I listened to the 604s when I was looking for new speakers. I ended up with the 603s3 instead-turned out to be a good idea due to the size of my room. I really liked the 604s a lot! They have terrific low bass; deep and accurate, and the treble is sweet. They seem to have lots of detail in the vocal range as well. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks