anyone else like the B&W 604 S3??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by scott cerv, Mar 28, 2002.

1. scott cerv

scott cerv Stunt Coordinator

I have recently been auditioning speakers for a new system. I'd have to say I have about a $3K budget set for the speakers (fronts, center, rear). I enjoy the sound of the B&W 604 S3 and wondering if anyone else likes them as well. Listened to SRV on them as well as Gov't Mule and some jazz. They seem to have a flat response. The Klipsch I listened to were very harsh in the highs so I bagged them from the list. I have yet to listen to the Paradigm Studio 80's, but did listen to the Studio 100's and felt they just lacked a little in the image. I also checked out the CM4's, but they couldn't handle the high spl. I want a "big" sounding speaker for the front!

Anyone else like the B&W 604 S3?? I plan on trying to audition some studio 80's tomorrow.

SC

2. Jason P. Brett

I listened to the 604s when I was looking for new speakers. I ended up with the 603s3 instead-turned out to be a good idea due to the size of my room. I really liked the 604s a lot! They have terrific low bass; deep and accurate, and the treble is sweet. They seem to have lots of detail in the vocal range as well. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jason