What's new

Anyone else interested in the Integra DTC 9.8 Pre/Pro? (1 Viewer)

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Yeah, I just read that too. That totally pushes me back to waiting for the new Pioneer Elite BD player. I'd rather have a stand alone player anyway so only a few more weeks of waiting :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

True, but since I feel the Dolby TrueHD internal decoding sounds pretty damned good when decoded to MC PCM so I'm still excited for it.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Actually your statement above led me think, that maybe you thought you would be able to use the Integra for decoding the DTS-Master HD. IT is a shame that the PS3 has a crippled (limited) HDMI port. or else the PS3 is almost as perfect as any consumer electronics can ever be.

Randy Ghost

Agent
After having the unit for almost 2 weeks I have noticed one quirk. The positioning of the guide for my satellite unit will not stay set. I have an older Toshiba TW65H80 (10 years old) which has a scroll feature to align the picture. I set the satellite guide to the center of the screen and when I power everything up it's out of line again. I have tried to find a sweet spot but it resets everytime I power the DTC on. I think the DTC is conflicting with the scroll feature of the TV or it's the Dishnetwork satellite unit. I never had this problem with my old pre/pro when I used it's video switching or going direct from the satellite unit to the TV.

Is anyone else having the same problem by chance and if so how old is your TV?

Randy

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
So, has anyone tried out the new PS3 firmware with the Integra? I'm curious to hear how it sounds! I think my first BR disc to try out will be Die Hard 4...the scene where they're in the tunnel ducked behind two cars and the other car comes flying at them. I remembered there being a descending LF effect starting at like 60Hz and then descending down to subsonic levels. It was impressive with the DTS 1.5 MBPS core...I can't imagine how it will be > 1.5 MBPS! :D

sarahchan

Auditioning
Real Name
sarah chan
Where can I buy Integra DTC-9.8?

Dear member,

Have a nice day! It's my first time post in Home Theater Forum. I am urgent looking for Integra DTC-9.8. Anyone knows where can I get it for the best price? Thank you!

Sarah

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
Depends on where you purchase. Quite a few of the dealers I checked with before buying mine wanted list price (which is now $1600). I ended up getting mine for
$1293. Also, depending on where you purchase it could make a big difference in delivery time. Some dealers told me up to expect up to a 5 week wait. I ordered mine on 4/3 and it arrived on 4/18.

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
Picked the Integra up today. Took it home and fondled it for awhile but will have wait to hook it up until the new Panasonic 65" plasma arrives next week. Gonna be a long week!!!

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
So, the new Panasonic 65" plasma was hung over a week ago and it looks excellent. Hooked up the HD and BluRay players seperately to see how they look in 1080P and it was even better than I expected. Then the big job started: hooking up the new DTC 9.8 and all the rewiring of my sytem it entails. Couldn't wait to hook up everything so I decided to hook up BluRay player first so I could check the Integra's operation out. When the display on the Integra lit up I noticed a piece of styrofoam or something between the display and the plastic cover covering it. Went ahead anyway 'cause I couldn't wait. Then, no display showed up on the plasma from the Integra. Double checked the hookups and everything was as it should be. Ditto for the setting for monitor out and HDMI settings. Finally, out of frustration I called Integra. They had me go through all my setup info and confirmed it was all correct. Finally they told me I obviously had a bad unit and would have to contact the dealer I purchased it from for a new unit. Did that and Just in Time Communications ordered me a new one on Friday and was told hopefully a couple of weeks for the new one to show up. They'll call me when it arrives and will deliver it to the house and hook it up for me for free due to all my trouble. Good deal but .... DAMN!!!!!! I really wanted to sit down this weekend and maybe watch the Eagles Austrailan Tour on HD in 7.1. Oh well. It will happen soon.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances, Carl. Rest assured, it's well worth the wait! :D

Randy Ghost

Agent
Well, my DTC 9.8 is off for repairs. :frowning: The trigger for the switched outlet has gone out. I'm being told the turn around time for repairs will be 3 weeks. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Randy

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
FYI, for anyone thinking about getting the new 9.9 over the (somewhat) older 9.8 (***thanks to "Tee" from the S&V boards for the information***):

Official press release for the 9.9, click on the pics for H-Res photos.

Integra Debuts World's First AV Pre/Pro with ISFccc Video Calibration Capabilities, Plus Latest from THX, Audyssey

The Integra DHC-9.9 Three-zone AV Preamplifier/Processor is THX Ultra2 Plus certified, has ISFccc video calibration, HQV-Reon VX video processing, 4 HDMI 1.3a repeaters, HD Radio, and the new THX Loudness Plus, and Audyssey's new Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume.

Integra DHC-9.9 Preamplifier/Processor. Additional photographs below - click any photo for high resolution JPEG image file.

DENVER (9/3/08) -- Integra, the leading manufacturer of home theater components designed specifically for the custom installer, has introduced the Integra DHC-9.9, the worlds first AV preamplifier-processor to include Imaging Science Foundation's Certified Calibration Controls (ISFccc) which facilitate individual image quality calibration of video source components while simplifying system configurations.

The Integra DHC-9.9 is a three-zone THX Ultra2 Plus certified AV preamplifier-processor. It replaces the company's highly successful DTC-9.8, which was the first pre-pro to include HDMI 1.3a repeaters and Silicon Optix' premium HQV Reon-VX circuitry for upscaling and video processing. The new model adds the powerful new audio processing capabilities of THX Loudness Plus and Audyssey Dynamic EQ which both improve the home theater experience when listening at moderate sound levels. It also adds Audyssey's Dynamic Volume, which maintains consistent overall volume levels regardless of changes in the source. For broadcast fans, the DHC-9.9, has an HD Radio tuner, is Sirius and XM Satellite radio ready, and offers XMHD Surround and THX Neural Surround.

An ISF Certified calibration technician with unrestricted access to the DHC-9.9's ISFccc menus can achieve optimal image quality for each of the video inputs. Previously, video calibration was usually limited to one source, or required complex cabling and intricate remote control macro programming to achieve a reasonably user friendly system. The use of these calibration functions, especially with HDMI, will result in simpler system configurations, reduced set-up time, and end-user systems offering optimal video performance while retaining the ease-of-use of HDMI switching. Up to three calibration settings -- day, night, or custom -- can be stored for each source.

The heart of the video circuitry is Silicon Optix' premium HQV Reon-VX processing for studio-quality upscaling of all sources to 1080p over HDMI, and also provides analog component video upscaling to 1080i. The DHC-9.9 has four HDMI, three component video, and six S-Video/composite inputs. There are two HDMI outputs to facilitate applications such as a second monitor in the same room with a projector.

With its THX Ultra2 Plus certification the DHC-9.9 is designed for use with powerful external amplifiers in large rooms, and provides 7.1-channel professional-grade balanced XLR outputs for connection to compatible multichannel amplifiers. The new THX Loudness Plus feature improves the experience of movies at lower volume levels. Because ambient sounds and bass can be lost or perceived differently when the volume is lowered, THX Loudness Plus automatically adjusts the front-to-back speaker level and frequency balance to ensure that you experience all of the rich details of movies when listening below reference level.

Like its predecessor, DHC-9.9 includes Audyssey's acclaimed MultEQ XT room acoustics correction, the most powerful built-in solution available for countering room distortion in dedicated home theaters. The system is Audyssey MultEQ Pro compatible, allowing certified installers to take this process to even higher levels of refinement. New for the DHC-9.9 is Audyssey Dynamic EQ, which provides real-time adjustment of surround levels and equalization when listening at moderate sound levels. Also new is Audyssey's Dynamic Volume, which detects and corrects for undesired dramatic changes in volume level during program changes and commercials, maintaining a consistent output level.

The DHC-9.9 has three advanced TI Aureus™ 32-bit DSP chips to provide onboard decoding for every major format in use today, including the latest high definition and lossless audio formats specified for the Blu-Ray disc formats. The unit features an oversized Toroidal transformer for the main power supply as well as separate transformers for the audio and video circuitry. Each channel also employs premium quality Burr Brown audio DAC's and Integra's VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for dynamic, low-distortion reproduction at all output levels. The HDMI and AV inputs are assignable, as are three optical/coaxial digital inputs, two-channel balanced XLR inputs, phono and line-level analog inputs, and mutichannel inputs and pre-outs.

The DHC-9.9 boasts exceptional multizone capabilities, including fixed and variable line level outs with subwoofer for two additional zones. Zone 2 also includes both composite and HD-quality component video outputs, as well as independent tone controls. Zone 2 and Zone 3 both include balance controls as well as maximum and power-on volume settings.

The Integra DHC-9.9 includes a comprehensive package of features specifically tailored to the needs of custom installers, including an Ethernet port for integration with network-based control systems. It also includes bi-directional RS-232, RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) system control integration over HDMI, three programmable 12-volt triggers, dual IR inputs, and three unique assignable IR code sets. Lockable customized dealer settings can be independently stored for easy recall, making it simple for installers to maintain complex installations.

The DHC-9.9 includes a high quality AM/FM radio tuner and built-in HD Radio reception capability. It is also compatible with Satellite radio programming with connections for both XM and Sirius antennas. It includes onboard Neural THX processing for multichannel surround programming on XM HD and other Neural THX sources. Finally, there are 40 presets for AM, FM, HD Radio, XM, or Sirius stations.

The Integra DHC-9.9 is now available from Integra dealers with a suggested retail price of $2,000.

Integra designs and manufactures premium Home Theater receivers, processors, amplifiers, and DVD players that are specifically designed to meet the needs of custom audio/video systems installers. System integration and convergence technology protocols include RS-232, IR, and on-board Ethernet for network connectivity and TCP/IP control. Integra has access to vast technical resources, and bears a proud heritage of over 60 years of audio engineering excellence. For more information about Integra and its many fine products, visit www.integrahometheater.com or call (800) 225-1946.

# # #

Not worth the extra $$$ to me, but... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks