Anyone else interested in a SE of 'VOLCANO'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I just picked this up used yesterday, and although the non-anamorphic image is o.k.(not the worst i've seen), it really could benifit from a new transfer with extras.
    I've always liked this movie, even a little better than Dante's Peak. Volcano is just more imaginative I think, I mean an active volcano right smack in the middle of LA? It's just a fun, dumb, but fun action movie.
    Anyone else?

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I'd bite [​IMG]

3. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I'd buy it... especially with a new anamorphic transfer and DTS audio. That soundtrack has some serious bass in it.

I'd like to see a new SE of Firestorm too. That's another title that came out during the non-anamorphic period at Fox. That has a killer 5.1 audio track as well.

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'd buy it too. I wouldn't be surprised if they make an SE for this one. If FOX can do one for Speed 2, then they could do one for Volcano.

5. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

While I prefer Dante's Peak (being a volcano nut, the more realistic gets the win), I thought Volcano was a fun movie, and Tommy Lee Jones is always good. I'll bite and say "sure, why not" to the idea of a new special edition. Not really good enough to merit a Five-Star Edition (The Edge would be a better choice), but a 2-discer like Big trouble in Little China would work nicely.