What's new

Anyone else interested in a SE of 'VOLCANO'? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just picked this up used yesterday, and although the non-anamorphic image is o.k.(not the worst i've seen), it really could benifit from a new transfer with extras.
I've always liked this movie, even a little better than Dante's Peak. Volcano is just more imaginative I think, I mean an active volcano right smack in the middle of LA? It's just a fun, dumb, but fun action movie.
Anyone else?

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd buy it... especially with a new anamorphic transfer and DTS audio. That soundtrack has some serious bass in it.

I'd like to see a new SE of Firestorm too. That's another title that came out during the non-anamorphic period at Fox. That has a killer 5.1 audio track as well.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
While I prefer Dante's Peak (being a volcano nut, the more realistic gets the win), I thought Volcano was a fun movie, and Tommy Lee Jones is always good. I'll bite and say "sure, why not" to the idea of a new special edition. Not really good enough to merit a Five-Star Edition (The Edge would be a better choice), but a 2-discer like Big trouble in Little China would work nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.