What's new

Anyone else holding out for Blu-Ray DVD players? (1 Viewer)

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
I am about to buy a new receiver (Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXi) and a DVD player (Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi). After reading on the Pioneer website that the new Blu-ray players will also play regular DVD's, I think it would be wise to wait for Spring 2006 and get the Blu-ray player. I hope these players are not super expensive to start. I'm ok with around $1200 or so.

Is this a good idea or should I go ahead with the DV-79 for now? I currently have the DV-37 player.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
I'd at least wait until after CES. If the big announcements aren't made there, I'll be worried about either format.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Question: Does anyone think that BR players will typically be able to upscale standard DVDs?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Nope! If Blu-Ray stays on it's present course I'll be turning up my nose. I'll not have a disc player with a phone line, which is capable of stopping me playing discs. I think it's gonna be another DIVX... I'd totally disregard any claims about when this format is gonna emerge too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks