Anyone else having trouble getting Air America Radio in LA?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Guy Martin, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Okay, first and foremost, in keeping with the rules of the forum I don't want to talk about Air America Radio's political content. I merely intend for this thread to be a place to discuss problems finding/listening to it. Also I wasn't quite sure where this post belonged, whether here or in the satelite radio or music areas, so mods please move it if necessary.

I live in LA and according to the Air America Web Site, I should be able to listen in starting today (3/31) on 1580AM, but so far I haven't had any luck. Every time I tune in, it's a spanish channel, not Air America. I don't have XM, where I know Air America is on channel 167. I have been able to listen in intermittently to the RealAudio stream off the website, but at times there are so many people connected that the stream gets dropped.

Anyone else in LA able to get Air America on 1580?

- Guy

2. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Never mind. Found it. Seems that Air America programming doesn't begin until noon and is tape-delayed from the East Coast edition. The web stream is live.

- Guy