What's new

Anyone else having a FF:CC party? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Nor does that have anything to do with my comments or the comments that Krystian made earlier in this thread. Final Fantasy has already been released in the US and as I already noted to you the game is enjoying healthy sales in Japan (ie the game has been a success in SE's home territory).

I apologize if you took my comments as "blasting you" but you really need reread the above comments. I completely respect your opinion in saying that you believe FF:CC has the possibility to fail here but in accordance with Krystians comments and my reply we're not talking "opinion and word of mouth". We're talking hard numbers and whether the experiment was a success....

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, it could have been done with four controllers, but that's a far cry from saying it would be as good as it is with the GBAs.

Add my wife and I to the list of people enjoying this game, GBAs and all.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Nor did I say it was. I don't disagree with your statement and I'm not commenting on the games quality either way (though I do own and like FF:CC, as does my wife). What I am commenting on is its viability in the retail market (and other markets around the world.) Furthermore to followup my comments on Morgans post, I'm also stating whether the the GBA functionality was used to sell more GBA's. Which is a resounding "Of course!"

Just to be clear there is really nothing wrong with that as the GBA has been Nintendo's bread and butter this generation and they are right to place thier focus there. Square Enix and Ninty chose to use this game to really showcase the GBA/GC compatibility and it *IS* well implemented. We'll have to wait until next month to see if the "experiment" was a success here in the US.

Its ironic that you chose that one comment out of all the statements I made (one with a negative connotation) considering the thrust of my argument is that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and its steep requirements *ARE* viable in todays market and has been a succes thus far in other territories.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
US NDP numbers for the month of February:

Rest of the GCN list:

1 GCN GCN MARIO KART: DOUBLE 81,233
2 GCN GCN SONIC HEROES 76,506
3 GCN GCN BOND 007: EVERYTHING 42,264
4 GCN GCN SUPER SMASH BRO MELEE 40,174
5 GCN GCN MARIO PARTY 5 35,399
6 GCN GCN NFL STREET 32,618
7 GCN GCN LUIGI'S MANSION 31,057
8 GCN GCN SUPER MONKEY BALL 30,954