Anyone else have trouble ordering from best buy online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris c, Jul 19, 2001.

1. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

They sent me an email with a coupon for $10. Great, except I can't checkout. I get to the last step and it gives me a server error or "page doesn't exist" message. Tried a number of times over last few days. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

2. Gary Rhine

Gary Rhine Stunt Coordinator

Redeem the coupon before placing an order. I have Titan A. E. on the way for $12 shipped.
    ------------------
    Gary J. Rhine
    My Home Theater

3. chris c

Yeah, I did that. My point was that I can't get to the last part of the checkout process - instead I get a "page no longer exists message". I have tried everything. Hopefully they will respond to my email. I can't believe I am the only one having this problem?

4. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Their web team obviously has no idea what they are doing. This has existed for a couple of days now.
    If you look at the site you go to after seeing CC number info you will notice to they scripted a to insert text with a few "" instead of "/" so you literally can't place the order.

5. chris c

Ahhhh, I noticed the reversed slashes. Nice strategy - offer a coupon and then prevent it from being used (offer ends the 22nd). I just hope they see the fatal flaw.