Anyone else have problems with their Moulin Rouge case?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Yesterday I finally got around to purchasing Moulin Rouge on DVD. It was a great movie and I am happy that I don't have the DTS lip synch problems that many others here complained about with their DVD players. However I do have one problem with this release and it is the case. My case does not hold the two discs snuggly in the teeth and my 2nd disc is prone to falling out within the case. I'm worried this will scratch the disc and I'm probably going to exchange it for another one. Another problem I had was that my glued on backing fell off.I really wish Fox would start printing the stuff on the back instead of gluing backings on like they did with MR and The Simpsons. I'm interested in knowing though did anyone else have problems with their case like me? is this a widespread occurance? thanks.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I'm having the same problems. The plastic used for the spindle is fairly weak and doesn't stand up to alot of pressure and several teeth have already broken off, so loose discs are a problem.

Bruce

3. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

My teeth are fine, but as far as the backing goes, if I remember correctly I think that backing is supposed to come off. I thought it was just for packaging purposes, in that it showed people the features the disc came with while still wrapped. When I opened mine, I pealed it right off to revel the actual back cover.

Mike

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I'm with Keith. The teeth are all intact, but do NOT hold the discs snugly at all. Every time I open the case, I've GOT to be sure the DVDs don't fall out or slide and get scratched.

Hard to complain when the packaging is so unique and attractive, but that's the way it is.