Anyone else have a buggy copy of GRAW?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott_lb, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I've been having multiple problems with GRAW and am curious as to whether or not other people are experiencing the same things. A few examples:

1. My team mates often get "stuck" inside of little rooms and run against the walls continually and I am completely unable to get them out.

2. Some of my missions are not saving automatically after I save them (and, of course, you cannot manual save them because that would actually make sense). I then have to re-do my missions all over again, hoping that they actually do save after I finish them again.

3. Some missions don't proceed as they should as I go through them. For example, at the end of level 9 (another level which won't save), you have to clear a final roadblock and then a helicopter picks you up on a rooftop. I blew the living crap out of the final roadblock and made sure that there were no enemies in the area. The mission still won't proceed. I re-loaded my last game save three times and the same thing happened.

All in all, I am very disappointed in this game, especially given the great reviews. This game is INCREDIBLY SLOW - even for realistic military shooters and too buggy for my tastes. Guess I'll have to rent Splinter Cell: Double Agent and R6: Vegas first before buying in the fall.

2. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i finshed the game twice - once default difficulty, once hard - and never had any of the problems you mentioned. i also played online exstensively for about 2 weeks.

as for your example #3, sometimes the mission parameters are unclear and when you think you've done something you actually haven't because of some 'loophole' or something - that happened to me once.

3. Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete Stunt Coordinator

I don't know if you've done the latest dashboard update but I've heard that some people have had some of the bugs you described begin after installing it.

It might be worth contacting Microsoft about.

4. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

No problems with my copy.

5. Mark Schmitt

Mark Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

Me neither. Works great.

6. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Ended up getting the "invincibility" cheat code to work (so I could blow through the mission I already beat but wouldn't save due to a technical glitch). Yup - I had done everything I was supposed to do for the game to progress (four time, no less). Didn't do anything any different with the code yet the mission progressed as it should have.

Blasted through the final two missions and sold my copy to Gamestop for $35.00 in credit. Now, it's on to San Andreas (finally)!