Anyone else happen to have lip-synch problems w/ DTS "The Fast & The Furious?" -RP-91

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael D. Bunting, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Hello

I own a Panasonic RP-91

I had/have the infamous "Moulin Rouge" DTS Lip-synch

I swore up and down that I had a DD Lip-synch problem while watching "SHREK" - although it was very hard to tell.

Now, after just having watched "The Fast & The Furious" I experienced lip-synch problems with it as well. Both on the DTS track and DD track - but most noticeable on the DTS track.

I tried everything I could think of: I tried switching out my Optical cable and using a different one I had - I also tried a Coaxial connection. I checked all my connections. Nothing.

Powered off my Panasonic RP-91 and then unplugged it - same old lip-synch issue.

It is most noticeable to me towards the end - especially just before the part where Jessie gets shot out in front of that house

Just want to see if anyone else notices the same thing. If not - I'll persue things on the hardware end some more.

Anyone else have this problem? RP-91 owners I would love to hear from you if possible!

Thanks

Mike

2. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

Plays fine on my Toshiba 2109 and 1700.

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I have the Panny A-110, and it plays flawlessly.

4. DarrenA

DarrenA Second Unit

No lip-sync problem on my Sony DVP-S7700 DVD player.

5. Paul James

Paul James Stunt Coordinator

I have a Pioneer DVD-535 , Region Free (Australian version) and I too noticed lip synch problems in this film, in particular the spot you mentioned and other parts. I usually never experience lip synch problems at all and this is the first in a long time. Must be a glitch with certain players.

Paul.

6. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Michael,

I have watched Moulin Rouge and Fast and Furious recently looking for the lip sync problem on the DTS track and have found none on my RP91 hooked to my Denon 5800.

I have also started watching Pearl Harbor (but on DTS) and found no lip sync or audio dropouts here.

Hope you can get it fixed.

Patrick

7. Dan M

Dan M Second Unit

I have the RP91 connected to an Onkyo 989.

I've watched FATF twice in dts and I never noticed any lip sync problems.

Then again, I've NEVER experienced lip sync with any disc before (thankfully). Hope I never do.

Is it very noticeable?

The only problem I've ever had with ANY dvd (minus the occasional smudged rental) is with the Pearl Harbor disc. Audio dropouts galore in DD. Plays fine in dts.

8. Paul James

Paul James Stunt Coordinator