Anyone else got the new Sony DVP-NS315 DVD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shaown, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Shaown

Shaown Agent

Hi folks,
    I just picked up the new Sony DVP-NS315s in Silver. Looks the replacement for the 300.. It looks similar specs (only coax out, no optical) but adds ability to read CDR/CDRWs and play MP3s!. Onecall has it in stock (only in silver) for 149, http://www.onecall.com/About_0000100...ny%20dvd_0.htm
    and I was going to pick up there. However, I just got it a Nobody Beats the Wiz for 134 on sale this week (weird as hell, as the NS300 was on sale for 161!!!). I hate the wiz, but I had 20 buck in Gift certs, which made a kick ass deal for me. Anyway, I had a Toshiba 2200, but wanted to switch to something that played CDRs (and hopefully MP3s). I prefered Sony as I'm trying to move to one brand (for remote simplification). Anyway, I wanted a cheap player to tide me over till the whole SACD/DVD Audio thing blows over.... Anyone else got any thoughts (I haven't opened it yet, in the process of moving this week)..
    Thx,
    -Shaown

2. Shaown

Shaown Agent

No Comments from the peanut gallery?

3. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Was that $134 before the $20 gift certificate or after? Even if it was after, $154 is STILL a great price. Dunno anything about the performance, just wondering about the price.

4. Shaown

Shaown Agent

Hey,

134 before GCs, 114 after!!!! (it was on sale for like 10% off, which equated to 15 bucks..)

-Shaown