Anyone else going to the Mr. Show "Hoorary for America" live show

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Brodin, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Dan Brodin

Dan Brodin Stunt Coordinator

Title says it all... Just wondering if any HTF members will be attending the live performance of Mr. Show at any of the numerous performances across the country.
    See http://bobanddavid.com
    I am checking out the 9/27/02 10:30 performance at the Congress Theater in Chicago.
    -Dan

2. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I would have hit that Chicago show except the family is in town this weekend for the F1 race. [​IMG]
    Bad luck on the tour date for me. I would have been there in a heartbeat too.

3. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

Hey dan -- know anyone who's got an extra ticket to the 7:30 show ????? I F'd up and didn't get one and can't fathom paying $100+ to a scalper.

4. Dan Brodin

Dan Brodin Stunt Coordinator

Tom unfortunately I don't know anyone with extra tickets, but I believe their are tickets still available for the 10:30 show.

-Dan

5. Jason Delaney

I'm gojng to see it in portland oregon, on oct 10th.
    anyone else?

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I am going to see it tonight in Seattle. I'm going to buy the book too.

7. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

I got a tip from my pal in Long Beach, CA that there was a big show coming up. On November 17 at the Wiltern in LA, Bob & David will be performing with Kids in the Hall, Janeane Garofalo and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog... all in one show. I'm making a special trip just for this show. I can't wait!

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

If you can go Derek I highly recommend it. The Mr. Show "Hooray for America" show was the funniest thing I have ever seen (and I've seen Kids in the Hall live 3 times). I met some girls in line (yes, CUTE girls love Mr. Show) who have been going to every show on the tour. They told me about the show you are referring to and if I had the money I'd go in a second.

According to their web site, they will tour again, and if they come to Seattle, I will be the first in line, again!

(I also recommend buying the book).