Anyone else going to see Madonna?

Discussion in 'Music' started by CraigL, May 25, 2004.

1. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Just curious...

Going 3 times (just bought another ticket this morning)

June 17th
    June 23rd
    July 4th

Anyone else?

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

How can you afford 3 shows? Her shows seem to have one of the highest average ticket prices going on these days.

I almost choked when I saw the company's club level seats were around $250-$275 each.

3. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Nope...not $250.

The pricing tiers are:
    $304
    $154
    $96

I know the LV show is going for $360 for the front rows. I'd say a good number of the tickets are all $304's.

I got 3 of the $154's.

For the curious...here's what you get for your money:

The Beast Within
    Vogue
    Nobody Knows Me
    Frozen
    American Life
    Express Yourself
    Burning Up
    Material Girl
    Hollywood
    Hanky Panky
    Deeper and Deeper
    Die Another Day
    Lament
    Bedtime Story
    Nothing Fails
    Don't Tell Me
    Like A Prayer
    Mother and Father
    Imagine
    Into the Groove
    Papa Don't Preach
    Crazy For You
    Music
    Holiday

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

That's about 2x more than I'm willing to spend on concerts these days. I think I spent $75 for the upcoming Sarah McLachlan concert in July. Of course, I miss out on all the "shocking" backup dancers in various states of undress... [​IMG]

5. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Funny. I'm going to Sarah as well. Two of my favorite ladies touring in the same summer.

Sarah, unfortunately, is the harder of the two to get to. She's not playing NYC.

But especially after reading Rolling Stone's review of the show today, I'm more excited for Madonna's show than ever.

----------------------------------------------

6. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I was hoping she would not have brought out "Crazy For You". Hated this song when it was released 20 years ago.

7. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

Au contraire! While she's not playing Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, on August 9 she is playing Continental Airlines Arena at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. The very next night, she's at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. Each of these shows are considered to be in the New York market, as each venue is probably within an hour or so from Manhattan (I know, because I used to live in New York).

Regarding Madonna...I wish she were coming to Dallas. I saw her in 1987 at Texas Stadium (home of the Dallas Cowboys), and she was quite good then.

EDIT: While Sarah is definitely playing two shows for the New York market, I do concede that you're technically right that she's not playing NYC.

8. John Wielgosz

John Wielgosz Stunt Coordinator

Craig, I'll be at two of those very same shows: June 17th, and July 4th. My anticipation level has steadily increased after seeing the first images from the tour in LA.

Spookily enough, I'm seeing Sarah McLachlan this summer too... (and Van Halen, and Rush, and maybe Sting...)

9. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

There's also a tier around $50.

I'm seeing Maddy 14 times this summer.

10. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

By the way, I downloaded the whole first concert last night. Sounds FANTASTIC!! Her voice has NEVER sounded this good...ever. And this is from someone who has a lot of bootlegs of other shows. I'm definitely happy about this.

And about her not playing NYC...let's just say that if I have to take something other than a subway to see her, it's far enough out of Manhattan. [​IMG] Remember, we don't have cars here. I don't even know how I'm getting to the show!!!

11. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

FYI...got $154 ticket for $75 outside last night. It's 2 sections over from where I'm sitting tonight. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Going again tonight..and 2 more times after that...that i know of. [​IMG]

12. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

If you go to ticketmaster.ca RIGHT NOW!!!, they have 4th row seats available for the Toronto show on the 19th.

13. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    World Tour my a**, about 30 shows in the US and Canada, then a few in Paris and London but nothing else [​IMG].
    I really wish I could see her....

Now Bowie's Reality tour, there's a world tour [​IMG], over 100 shows all over the world.

14. Mikael Soderholm

Mikael Soderholm Supporting Actor

Mikael Söderholm
    World Tour my a**, about 30 shows in the US and Canada, then a few in Paris and London but nothing else [​IMG].
    I really wish I could see her....

Now Bowie's Reality tour, there's a world tour [​IMG], over 100 shows all over the world.

15. John Wielgosz

I'm in complete agreement with CraigL. Was at the MSG June 17th show, and my jaw hit the floor from the very opening. Am going again on July 4th, and am now seeing if I can scrape together the money for a follow-up on July 5th.

16. John Wielgosz

I'm in complete agreement with CraigL. Was at the MSG June 17th show, and my jaw hit the floor from the very opening. Am going again on July 4th, and am now seeing if I can scrape together the money for a follow-up on July 5th.

17. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

The shows were freakin amazing. I saw 4 total. One in DC and three in Worcester. I spent $300 for each show. In DC i was in the 20th row, first night in Worcester 8th row center, 2nd night in Worcester on the side, and fourth night in Worcester I had a 13th row ticket BUT........I won passes to be in the onstage pit!!!!

It was easily the most amazing experience of my life. She even grabbed my hand during American Life!!! So now my life is complete. Though I wish I was seeing 14 shows like Colin, I think I can be satisfied with my Summer of Madonna. $1200 later (plus parking and merchandise) I have ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS!

[​IMG]

18. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Hmm... would I go to my 14 shows - all with mediocre seats - or take Phil's four but always have great seats and get a spot in the pit? I don't know - that's a tough call! I didn't even attempt to land pricey tickets - when you go to see a show 14 times, it's simply hard to justify the extra bucks, even for one concert.

I'm envious of the pit thing but still enjoying the shows very much. 10 down, four to go!

19. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

My four are done as well...and i absolutely loved every second of those 4. In fact, I've listened to the show pretty much every single day since it opened and haven't gotten sick of it. Just wish I could see it once more.

i don't know how you saw it 14 times though. A friend of mine saw it 16 times...mostly from the first few rows and once from the pit. There comes a point where you need to reclaim your life [​IMG] She ain't payin' YOU to be there. You're payin' her [​IMG]

20. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

Yeah, I never would have bought the expensive seats if I was going to 14 shows. But I could feasibly only attend 4 or 5 shows, so I went for broke. I am still in law school so I am working at my firm just for the summer, so I couldn't really get much time off. I only took off enough time to see the show in DC and Worcester was close enough to just drive there after work.

The pit was a totally unexpected treat. I won the passes thru VH1, I was shaking after I hung up the phone when they called me. I have been a die-hard fan for 20+ years so it was a dream come true. It's so weird that the tour is still going on and I am not there to see it. After seeing her 3 times in one week in MA, i got so used to seeing the show I felt like it would just be part of my life: Go to work, come home, change clothes, see Madonna. I wish I was seeing 14 shows. Now if I could only find some video or pics of the night I was in the pit (July 1, wink wink).