What's new

Anyone else getting this spam? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Investor Insights seems determined to invade my email box, despite filters put up by outlook express. That, and even though I have it set to delete anything with attachments from the server, it still downloads new notes with them.

Any ideas on how to get out of the formers mailings without replying to the 'remove' address included? Don't want to get even more spam..

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
One thing that I always do is run a traceroute back to the ISP from which the e-mail was sent as well as the ISP for the web site if any. I then send the traceroute results to the ISPs. If this company is violating the ISP's terms of service, they'll deal with them.

I've had hundreds of e-mail accounts and about a dozen web sites shut down by going directly to the ISP.

Every piece of spam I get is traced back. (That's the UNIX system administrator in me.) It only takes a few minutes, and it normally gets them shut down. The only exceptions to this are the Chinese and southeastern Asia ISPs because they really don't give a rat's ass about how much spammers insult us.

(There are numerous articles on the Internet and in print about their apathy on spam, if no one believes me. Just do a search and you'll find lots o' complaints about it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks