What's new

Anyone else getting the Pre-Order of Zelda? (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Go to http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=520110 and you get, The Wind Waker and receive a special, limited-edition playable GameCube disc featuring two legendary Zelda games: The Ocarina of Time and Ocarina of Time Master Quest—an updated version of the game never released outside of Japan! Sounds cool to me. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I ordered mine and the bonus disc should ship in Feb. :)
I read a review that stated that the disc was exactly like the N64 version - can I assume that the framerate will be better?
-Dave

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I wouldn't miss this game for the world; pre-ordered last weekend. I think it's more fate than coincidence, but it comes out on my birthday. I was kind of concerned with the new look, but Gamespot's video review erased all concerns I had. I figure Nintendo's risk with Metroid paid off big time; I expect the same to be true with Zelda.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I read a review that stated that the disc was exactly like the N64 version
I heard that it was in 'high resolution' but no more details were given. I got my hopes up and assumed that it would be better than the N64 version but maybe they just mean 'expansion pack high resolution'.

Of course I'd have prefered a classic Zelda compilation, but now my pre order of this game has gone from certain to certain. Maybe this will be that start of a new trend?

jeremy

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Scott- the extra disc is only for pre-orders.

Just curious but is there any reason to pre-order it on the net rather than at a local EB or Funcoland (will the pre-order bonus still apply at b&m shops)? Save $5-$6 on shipping...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Nintendo of America today confirmed that gamers who pre-order The Wind Waker at participating retailers will receive a limited-edition disc including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest. Distribution of the bonus disc will begin on February 16, 2003 - more than a month before The Wind Waker's scheduled March 24, 2003 release.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I'm going going to preorder at my local EB so I can waltz on in the store in Feb and pick up the disc... screw $10 in shipping :)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
In my case, the only store that has a clue is the Software Etc., but I hate going there because the guys that work at my local shop are a bunch of a-holes. So, pre-order via the net for me. :)
-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
AFAIK, the Zelda:OoT and MQ on the special bonus disc are better than the N64 game in that the resolution, crispness, and framerate are better, but the quality of the images used for the backgrounds and characters and such aren't improved at all. The game runs better than the N64 due to the better hardware, but no tweaks to the game or the graphics was done.

John Bryant

Second Unit
From what I have heard, OoT is an exact copy of the N64 version. Nothing was redone, enhanced, or changed in any way. Can't wait to play OoT for the first time.

Andre F

Screenwriter
From what I have heard, OoT is an exact copy of the N64 version. Nothing was redone, enhanced, or changed in any way. Can't wait to play OoT for the first time.
I own it (my N64 is in a box somewhere) and never finished it so I'm looking forward to playing it as well.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely pre-ordering, I doubt you'll find many HTF Gamecube owners that do not.

Like the PSX, most or all N64 games ran at 320x240. I'll wager the Gamecube version runs at 640x480p, but uses the same models.

EDIT:

Impressions from planetgamecube.com:

Graphically, it’s Ocarina of Time running in high resolution. The frame rate has increased, and there’s no slowdown anymore. Honestly, that’s about it. If you’re looking for the “mature Zelda” Nintendo showed at Spaceworld 2000, this isn’t it. It just looks a lot better than the N64 version. You really can tell if you put the two side by side.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
Well I own it(live in japan). I havent been able to play much at all so I cannot give a review as of yet. But I can tell you that the extra game in it has NO enhancements at all. The only thing that IS diff is the resolution. If ya give me a few days I will tell you what it is like. But be warned I am not good at writing reviews. We all know it is a great game anyways!!!

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Hmmm... I don't even have a GameCube yet and I went ahead and preordered this. I guess I know what my next electronics purchase is going to be... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks