What's new

Anyone else get totally annoyed with the Mitsubishi Eclipse commercial ? (1 Viewer)

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
The "Robot-Girl" must be stopped! She is a danger to herself and everyone around her !!! :)
Regards,
Lee

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I get annoyed by them fucking BOW FLEX commercials. They always seem to interrupt other commercials too. I'd never buy any of those pieces of crap anyway.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
It's gotta be that hat.
Mentioning Eclipse brings to mind riceboy-wanna-be-a-thug-pimp d00dZ. It seems to be a popular car to butcher in the name of "performance modz".
Link Removed

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
What is with the commercials that focus on how gross or painful their food is?

1. the 7-11 'gulp and slurp' [slurpee, surrounded by soda]. The commercial consists of the guy sitting on his couch and screaming after every sip. Sure the brain freeze is a relatable phenomenom, but not really a sole selling point.

2. The Hardee's Philly sandwich, where the guy squirts binaca until his mouth is blistered and inflamed. The humor is supposed to be how bad your breath is after a sammich with peppers and onions.

I'm half expecting these ad wizards to get ahold of Taco Bell and their next ad campaign to feature some guy grunting and straining on a turlet.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I don't know how I missed this thread...but I agree with you guys all the way. It's not that I just don't like the Eclipse commercial...it honestly makes me enraged. I am forced to turn the channel when it comes on, otherwise I feel the need to kill whoever is in the room with me.

ARG!! It's making me mad just thinking about it.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I really don't think it's very nice to hate a woman for something as uncontrollable as an epileptic fit. :D
Trust me, Twiggy. I grew up in the 70's and 80's. What you're doing wasn't considered dancing then, either.

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I have never seen a commercial make so many people angry. I think that this commercial is geared toward a younger crowd, only because of the interest in the "Euro-Lowrider" trend that is popular right now. The Eclipse is a very popular model of car to "trick out". The music fits well into the scene of "Euro Racing", so in targeting this market I think it is effective, plus the girl is a hottie.
The commercial doesn't do anything for me, because I usually laugh at all these people driving around their Honda, Mitsu., Toyota Euro Racers. No way they are going to take me in my '72 Plymouth Cuda with a 440. Just wait till I can afford a Hemi Big Block! :D

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
It's the hat. The girl looks ridiculous doing the robot in that stupid looking hat! :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...
i'm sort of ambivalent towards the commercial. i kind of like it in a "making fun of it" sort of way. whenever the song comes on the radio i end up poppin' and breakin' in my car. i know i'm being stupid and geeky, but i get a laugh out of it. my friends may have a different opinion... :)
but i do like the song - that definitely helps with the commercials appeal.
btw - i don't know if they're still available, but i got a free cd from the mitsubishi dealer that has all the songs from their commercials. lots of good tunes (wise guys, bnl, t-rex, gus gus, new radicals, etc.) i think volkswagon has a similar compilation.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I saw this ad last night. Finally. I don't see why it has aroused such intense animosity here. Just a thirty-second spot that sticks in the memory, which is what an advertiser likes its ads to do.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've complained about the Carl's Jr (owned by the same company that owns Hardee's) ads before in After Hours. They are so gross, with people eating greasy, dripping food, and it's accompanied by really gross exaggerated sound effects too. Yuck.
One funny commercial is the Orkin exterminator one, which starts off as a shampoo commercial or something, and then a cockroach walks across the screen, and a bug-sprayer guy comes into the scnreen. The first time I saw it it FREAKED ME OUT, I was sure it was a real bug. :)
/Mike

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
What is with the commercials that focus on how gross or painful their food is?
I did like the one where the guy is sitting on his porch, eating tortilla with Tabasco sauce. A mosquito lands on his leg, takes a bite, flies off and explodes.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Hahaha...this thread is hilarious. It sounds like everyone here has never done anything goofy or funny while sitting in a car with a bunch of friends before. I get a huge laugh when I see people dancing or acting up in their cars while sitting in traffic. Just people being people, happens everyday and this commercial is just showing some of it.

The new one that Kenneth mentioned I think is supposed to show this guy as he is going through life with his family, at least thats how I interpreted it.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I hate the Mitsubishi commercials. It almost ruined T-Rex for me.
These commercials remind me how much I hate attractive rich people. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks