Anyone else get that Snow White Demo DVD in the mail?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gordon Moore, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

My wife registered with Disney's website and lately we've been getting promotional stuff for the upcoming Snow White.
    Well I have to hand it to Disney, they're really putting on the full court press. This demo dvd (THX certified and dolby digital to boot, although not always) has got me really excited about the upcoming release, It touches on the features included with snippets of some of the more impressive inclusions.
    Plus the Monster's Inc. trailer is included along with CinderellaII, PeterPanII (sounds like a cash grab to me, however, Peter Pan looked somewhat interesting).
    Oh, and the mirror is hillarious!
    [Edited last by Gordon Moore on September 28, 2001 at 08:54 AM]

2. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Was this strictly a Canadian promo? To be quite honest I'm not sure why we got it but it was a nice surprise!
    Anyone else...?

3. Kyle Milligan

Kyle Milligan Stunt Coordinator

Well, I'm in Canada, but not registered with Disney's website.
    Can you tell us more about it? Part of the movie, great big long trailer? What is it?
    P.S. I guess it's promo juices are working too
    ------------------
    Kyle
    www.toldyouso.net

4. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Here you go:
    "The One That Started It All...
    Demo Disc Includes:
    Guided Tour
    "Some Day My Prince Will Come"
    Music Video Performed by Barbra Streisand
    "Dopey's Wild Ride" Game
    "Disney Through The Decades"
    "Virtually Gallery"
    Deleted Song -"There's Music in Your Soup"
    Running Time 12 mins.
    THX Certified
    Dolby Digital
    All are just excerpts of the actual sections, but the glimpse is all I need. Snow White looks breathtaking. There are also some trailers for upcoming Disney Movies and DVD's. All in all, a nice little freebie. Everyone's been checking out the Monster's Inc trailer. I don't think it's new, but I think it's the latest one (and it sounds sooo much better than on the computer).

5. JiM T

JiM T Stunt Coordinator

I got one. It was in with a completely unrelated wedding gift that was sent to my wife & I from Target.com. The wedding gift was metal canisters, so I would assume that if they're giving out Snow White promo DVDs with that, then they're probably giving them out with almost anything.
    JiM T