Anyone else get Silent night, Deadly Night?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ray_Gootz, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz Stunt Coordinator

I kinow we're all raving about the Lion King but what about yesterday's other big dvd...SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT 1 AND 2 Double Feature. So far i've only seen the first one and it is great! What a great little slasher film. What's really cool is Anchor Bay puts up a coda before the film APOLOGIZING if the picture quality suffers but they wanted to present it as uncut as possible so they used some rough elements. But I never noticed a degrade in the picture at all. In fact I think it looks great! It even has an 8-page booklet as an insert. Anchor Bay really kicked ass with this one. About to watch Part 2. See ya.

2. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

damn I got to get this one and A Christmas Story. [​IMG]

3. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

4. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

I can't believe that I forgot about this.[​IMG] I've been looking forward to this since it was first rumored. I'll have to wait till next week.
    "Naughty"

5. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I bought it... It was actually sold out at both our Best Buys... I got the last copy...

As for Silent Night, Deadly Night... This is actually a movie that I feel weird watching... I just felt dirty... The movie is too realistic IMO... 2 scenes especially make me just feel sick... It's like following the life of a child with a horrible, just horrible life and then watching him grow up and turn into what he always feared... It's kind of sad really... You can really kind of in a way understand why what happened did when he got older... What bothers me with this movie is that things like this happen to kids in real life and did... Just too realistic for my tastes... Still, I think the movie is ok (It definately takes itself seriously unlike much of the cornball horror that passes itself off nowadays)... I cant say I am scared by the movie in a good fun way... It bothers me in a disgusted kind of way... It bothers me in a way thinking things like this (Santa on the street especially, etc.) can happen and do in real life... Freaks me in a way... Sort of like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer... More like a challenge to sit through instead of fun...

Picture quality is the best by far that I have ever seen it...

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 on the other hand is extremely cheesy and even more hammy than I remember it... Garbage Day!!!

6. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Another very creepy and weird thing is that the woman who played Mother Superior in Part 2 was murdered in real life the same exact way she was murdered in the movie, by decapitation... This happened on Oct. 31st, 1989...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0588560/

You can find more info about it if you look on the internet...

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

8. Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz Stunt Coordinator

Wanna bet Anchor Bay added that coda about the bad picture quality because of the fuss made here about Halloween and Day of the Dead?

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Haven't seen this disc yet, but "Revenge of the Cheerleaders" has that disclaimer also- they might have done most of it with a cut-for-TV print in good shape and put in the stuff missing from another uncut print that wasn't in such good shape.
    I know the first video release of this had added footage; I'd like to see the version that was released in theaters.

10. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

SNDN2 has one of the best commentary tracks I have ever heard!

11. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Great DVD. I remember a couple of years ago, this was planned as just the sequel. I was very happy that Anchor Bay managed to put out the original as well. I don't care much for the sequel...

The original is only enjoyable because I remember it from my childhood (since I was like 10...I watch it every Christmas)

My Christmas Line-Up...

Silent Night Deadly Night
    Silent Night Deadly Night part 2
    Black Christmas
    Gremlins

[​IMG]

12. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Well the good thing about the sequel is it TRULY is a sequel where seeing the original is of absolutely no importance since they show practically the whole flick over again! And I would have to say Ricky is a better killer than Billy! I give SNDN 4/5 and SNDN2 6/5! I LOVED this flick! SERIOUSLY! EVERYONE GO OUT AND PURCHASE IT! [​IMG] [​IMG]