Anyone else experiencing a bout of humidity in their area?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by StephenA, Jul 21, 2004.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I am here ad it feels like I'm in a steam room. My dogs hate it too. Can almost cut the air with a knife right now.

2. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

Raleigh NC has been 90+ and humid since early Spring. Terrible Spring/Summer season...Not good for my cooling bills...

3. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Yeah, it does suck to step outside to let the dogs out at 6:30 and it is already hot outside.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Today's high in Fresno was 102 F. Humidity 18%. I guess that's what they call a "dry" heat, but it's still pretty miserable.

Here there's a change to the rules of the road in summer--whoever has his windows down has a broken AC and therefore has the right of way at 4 way stops.

5. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

We have bouts of humidity every year, from late April to December.[​IMG]

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    It's f*ckin' ridiculous to live in northern New England and have to put up with such miserable conditions, though.

Gotta love the northern tier states, though. Where else can it can get to 100+ in the summer, and -40 in the winter. [​IMG]

7. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Today and tomorrow it's going to reach the upper 90s for the first time this summer in Oregon's Willamette Valley. The hottest it's been previously has been 90. After the next two days, it's back down to lower 80s.

I chuckle when people from Arizona come here and complain about the humidity. I'm guessing they've never been to the East Coast.

8. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I've been in my new office with a TON of computer equipment and NO F---in A/C!!!! (it's been broken for the past 2 weeks) [​IMG] I'm the type of guy that needs 68 degrees or I pass out, so this SUCKS!!!

9. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

The weather in New England is definitely crazy, especially when it's in the 70s one day and snowing and below freezing the next. I wouldn't live anywhere else though.

10. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Well, in South Dakota it we're currently experiencing this, although it has not been as bad as it was in years past.

A few years ago while I was in California I was on the phone to a friend back home and he told me that the current temperature was 94 with a heat index of 98 degrees and this was at 10 PM.

Among the many things I don't like about SD, the weather is near the top of the list.

11. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    In Calgary, for like the last two weeks, it's seemed like we have had a big thunderstorm every 2-3 days almost, along with a couple of tornado warnings.

The rest of the time, during this time, has been warm and very very humid for this area...

I love it!

12. MarkHastings

For the past few months the weather reports have said (daily) "Chance of a thunderstorm today" - It's insane!

13. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    No humidity, but here at the office (Temecula, CA) it's been averaging about 102. At home (HB) it's been in the low 80's, which is fairly hot for the beach.

I cannot wait for Summer to end.

14. Ashley Seymour

Ashley Seymour Supporting Actor

Mid 90's here all week till the weekend when the 100's arrive. Time to grab the 4 man (person for all you pc's out there) rubber raft, tie up an inner-tube as an outrigger, drop in a cooler filled with my favorite beverage and float the Boise River for two and a half hours, or until the cooler shows empty. Repeat above as necessary.

It takes a 100 degree day to make the ice-melt reservoir water less life threatening.

15. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    It's always humid here in Arkansas. You get used to it after a while.

16. MarkHastings

But it's hard to get used to when just 5 months ago, we had snow blizzards.

That's the way it always is in New England, just as you're getting used to one extreme, the other extreme comes in and throws you for a loop. [​IMG]

17. eekrat

eekrat Extra

We just returned from a weeks vacation in Boston, where I was sweating through two shirts a day because of the high humidity. I was sure glad to fly through a nice cool fog bank coming back into SFO! The Bay Area isn't perfect but it's weather is hard to beat.

18. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Yes, if you like it cool. Remember the famous Mark Twain comment that the coldest winter he ever spent was the summer he spent in San Francisco. [​IMG]

19. eekrat

eekrat Extra

true, but we can get a temperature swing of 30 degrees by driving 30 miles...the joy of micro climates.

20. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron

I thought that statement sounded ridiculous until I noticed you live in California. Have you ever experienced a Northeastern winter before? [​IMG]

Montreal hasn't been spared. Along with the high heat and humidity, we've also had a lack of wind during the week, creating a smog bubble that blanketed the city. *cough!*