Anyone else experienced problems with Disc 4B of the Top Cat rental disc from Netflix

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I've rented the Top Cat DVDs from Netflix, but the 5th disc (disc 4B) freezes on me during the beginning of the first episode on the disc. I alerted Netflix about this problem, so they sent me a replacement disc, however, it experiences the exact same problem. Looking closely at the disc, I can't see any scratches or imperfections at all, and I'm wondering if it was just manufactured with this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem with either the retail version of Top Cat, or the rental from Netflix?

2. BrianP

BrianP Supporting Actor

I assume the episode you are inquiring about is King for a Day on the flip side of the 4th disc? I tried my copy and it appears to play fine.

3. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Thanks for checking, Brian. Yes the episode IS King For a Day. Since I haven't bought the set yet, and the 2 rental discs Netflix sent me skipped during that episode, I can only assume the rental discs were poorly mastered. Netflix no longer rents out retail versions of TV DVD sets, they have their own generic "rental only" discs, but I assume that particular disc wasn't properly mastered. I've already made them aware of the problem, and hopefully the manufacturer will be notified.