What's new

Anyone else excited to finally get Legend? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Damn, seems like I've had this pre-ordered in one form or another forever. I am sooo glad to finally be getting it. I have never seen the extended cut, so it should be a treat. Can't wait.

Jay Blair

Second Unit
I already have the R2 Euro-cut of Legend and it is a superb transfer, and in my opinion a better film than the American release. I'm confident the R1 DVD will be more than worth our wait.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
can't wait...such a huge fan.

Anyway, all Ive ever seen is the American cut. Nice looking but a jumbled mess of a movie. I"m very excited about the extended cut. Its not just new scenes, its different editing of existing scenes as well, so we're in for something completely different

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of the R2 releases, I just received the Japanese disc the other week and loved the packaging. I don't know if the Euro discs have this as well, but it's in a clear Amaray case with artwork on the cover's flipside showing through when you open the case. I'm surprised I haven't seen more discs packaged this way - since CDs went the way of the clear case long ago, I don't know why DVD cases have to be black so often. Very cool looking! But I digress...

Yup, I'm excited as well. The R2 stole a bit of the new release's thunder (since I hadn't seen ANY version of this film in widescreen since the theatrical run), but I'm really excited to check out the new cut!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Very excited! By the by, fans...McFarlane Toys Movie Maniacs has a Darkness coming out this year...he looks awesome! Just a heads up...

Take care,

Chuck

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
I don't know if the Euro discs have this as well, but it's in a clear Amaray case with artwork on the cover's flipside showing through when you open the case. I'm surprised I haven't seen more discs packaged this way - since CDs went the way of the clear case long ago, I don't know why DVD cases have to be black so often. Very cool looking!
Every Region 4 disc (about 15 so far) has this type of packaging. I think it's the best ofption, as there is no insert to lose and chapter stops can be printed on the inside front of the insert to show through the box. This leaves one more page available on any insert book fore mor information to be printed as well.

A friend who works for B.F.I. once told me that it is more expensive to recyle colored plastics into clear plastic. Wheteher that is tru or not I cannot say. If it5 is however, this may explain why the US uses black cases almost exclusively given that recycling has become such a big part of S.O.P.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looking very forward to FINALLY getting it.
May is looking good
1. From Hell
2. The Others
3. Legend
4. Starship Troopers SE
Peace Out~:D

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Have been patiently waiting for this one. Tim Curry as the Darkness!!! Best movie Devil I have ever seen.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'll believe it when I finally have it in my sweaty hairy hands, and than drooling I unwrap the package and find out its some obscure 1970's martial arts flick called 'Legend of the Farting Monkey'... it can happen, with my luck.

ps. Can't wait for this dvd release, I just hope Scott's reinstated the legendary musical number where Darkness and Princess Lily sing a duet, I hear Darkness has a tremendous singing voice.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Why would I be excited that Legend is less than a month away?

Just because I've been waiting on this since the premature laserdisc SE was announced years and years and years ago!!

I swear if Universal bumps this release like the last time, I'm gonna kill someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks