What's new

Anyone else excited about the Sampo 34WHD6? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Hello,
It seems to me that this will be my ideal HDTV. It's small enough to fit in my living room and large enough to deliver an excellent movie experience. It functions as an HDTV as well as a very high quality computer monitor capable of 1024x768. Finally I can use my PC from my couch at a decent resolution...and I will actually be able to read the text!
The new model seems to have fixed most if not all of the previous problems and the price is still reasonable. Sampo is expected to start shipping these models in June.
Thanks,
Jeff
Edit - A pretty weak press release but it talks about some of the new features - http://www.sampoamericas.com/news/HDTV-Release-CES.pdf

Shawn O

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very excited as long as none of the geometry problems from the previous model still exist.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I have heard about the geometry issues with the last model but I also understand that they are all fixable via a thorough calibration.

The current model (34WHD5), is selling for ~ $1500 at most retailers but it does have it's limitations. Bad remote, geometry issues on some, no line doubler, etc.

The new model (34WHD6), which is suppose to fix all of these issues, is expected to have an MSRP of $2999. I imagine you will be able to find it for around $2500 and then it will slowly come down from there.

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks