Anyone else eagerly awaiting the Cary Grant Collection DVD's on September 18th?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatrickM, Sep 4, 2001.

1. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Am I the only one that's excited about the release of Operation Petticoat and Father Goose on September 18th? At least I hope their being released. Depending on where you look online their isn't much word on these two DVD's.
    Anyway, if they are released I'm getting them.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
    My DVD Collection

2. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    I already got Father Goose which was released in a two disc pack with That Touch of Mink. I thought Father Goose was the better film...
    I'm really excited about Operation Petticoat; hope they do right by the transfer...bound to be better than my VHS in any case..

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I am going to hold off on Operation Petticoat because it is not an OAR release. I absolutely adore that film, but NO OAR = NO SALE.
    I never picked up the Father Goose/Touch of Mink 2-pack, because I had no interest in That Touch of Mink. Or the 4th film in this new set, Grass is Greener.
    I love Father Goose, though. So instead of waiting for the 9/18/01 release date as an individual DVD to pick it up at Best Buy for $17.99, and instead of pre-ordering it at Amazon for a mere $14.98, me and my SON COASTed into a mall-based store today and picked up Father Goose for $19.99. It's worth the extra few bucks to watch it sooner...it's one of my faves! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    Widescreen is Family Fun!
    [​IMG]

4. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

Did anyone get the 5 disc box? Just wondering about the overall quality. It can be had cheap.

5. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    That Touch Of Mink is excellent! Does anyone know if they are remastering Father Goose or just a re-release? Thanks!