What's new

Anyone else dissapointed with the new Shivaree LP? (1 Viewer)

Bill cc

Agent
I loved their first LP I Oughtta Give You a Shot in the Head for Making Me Live in This Dump
Especially the songs with the twangy feel
"Bossa Nova, Arlingon Girl, etc."
The new album, Rough Dreams is somewhat of a letdown.I've only been through a brief listening, but it seems like the twang is almost completely absent from the singers voice, and the instrumentaion is different, though I'm not sure how yet. There seems to be a lot more of a pop feel and weird quirky samples as opposed to the goth country feel of the last album.
However, I do really like the new song "Thundercats" Wish more of them were like that.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I keep putting off this album purchase for no good reason. I absolutely love the first album, and drove over two hours in the rain to see them live in Louisville.
Your assessment is the only negative one I've heard thus far; the consensus of all the other reviews I've read is that the band has matured (for the better) on Rough Dreams. I have yet to hear a cut from it, on the radio or otherwise. "Goodnight Moon" enjoyed a bit of airplay on the local alternative station here.
I'll chime in with an opinion of my own once I buy a copy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks