Anyone else dislike the guy in the Spider-Man Best Buy ad?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Hey Spidah Mayn! Whatcha doing Spidah Mayn!

I'd love to give him both barrels

Speaking of which, my old foes Checkers and Old Navy have been airing even more annoying ads as of late.

2. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Baby steps man. Carrot Top first....

3. Sean P

Sean P Agent

Just the other night I woke up screaming, "yodaman! yodaman!" Spidah Mayn is pretty bad though...
    But any torture that leaves carrot top with more than a fifth of his skin is woefully inadaquate. I'd like to think that he's urbane, cultured, and horrified that all women who like him are only attracted to his tv persona.
    [​IMG]

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Carrottop isn't that bad, he seems like he would be a guy I would like to hang out in real life... plus his standup act has always made me laugh. Now the ATT commercials... that is a whole 'nother matter [​IMG] Think of it this way... he is better than David Arquette [​IMG] [​IMG]
    IMHO, the most annoying commercials are the ones that play OVER and OVER and OVER again (THIS NOVEMBER... YO DA MAN! Was probably seem 20+ times by me, and I probably watch 30 mins to 1 hour of TV a day [if any]). Companies just need to vary their ads a little bit more [​IMG]

5. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

I could see how one can be annoyed by the BB Spider-Man commercial. Personnaly, I wasn't bothered by it.
    On the other hand, the BB commercial with the guy dreaming about fighting Clubber Lang in Rocky III was priceless! [​IMG]

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Another thing about the "SpydaMAN!" commercial is that it is clammoring for a game that was released more than six months ago.

Why not make a Metroid Prime or Splinter Cell commercial? Spider-Man is currently being pounded into the public's head with the DVD release.

7. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

People still watch commercials? Isn't that why the 30 second skip for PVR's was invented?
    [​IMG]

8. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Let's not forget the equally corny Best Buy ad with the chick who is dancing around on stage with Aerosmith.
    The message: Best Buy consumers are delusional fools with short attention spans. Oh yeah, I really want to shop there now.
    (I, of course, will be at Best Buy later to pick up TNG season 6 [​IMG] )

9. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

The "Spyda-Man" commercial cracks me up! But damn, I must have seen it a million times by the end of the Buffy F/X marathon (after that it wasnt quite as funny as the first time I saw it).
    I'd much rather get rid of the girl in the Best Buy Aerosmith commercial that Mike mentioned. Man, THAT commercial gets under my skin. I think part of the reason why is because the "Spyda-Man" commercial is supposed to be goofy, but the Aerosmith commercial looks like they were really trying to make it look like the girl was really there. Ugh.
    JQ

10. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    Old Navy just HAS to be deliberately making their ads the most annoying ads ever. I can't imagine what their marketing department is thinking.

11. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I must not be watching enough television since I have not seen any of these Best Buy commercials.

12. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I think the commercial thats currently winning the prize for being overplayed is the Gap stripes christmas commercial, although the women in it are hot as always.

13. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

You know your career in Hollywood is OVER when you begin appearing in Old Navy ads. Their marketing people must be attempting to create a "nails-on-the-chalkboard" approach.

14. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    DON: "Baby steps man. Carrot Top first...."
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ahha!
    Sweet comeback!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Rob

15. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I actually hate all 3 of those Best Buys ads. I hate the Rocky, Spider-man, and the Aryosmith(sp?) one.

I actually like the Old Navy commercials though.