Anyone else curiously awaiting the upcoming NAD T751 and T761? Any further details?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I keep checking the frickin website every day and there's nothing! Arghh! Any idea when the new NAD's are coming out ? [​IMG]

2. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

New versions of the current T751 and T761?

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Doh! I meant the new NAD T752 and T762. Yeah, basically new versions of the current T751 and T761.
    Here is what little I know now:
    http://www.cesweb.org/awards/innovat..._2002/cat1.asp
    I swear there was more there and even a tid-bit on widescreen review. Search for earlier posts by me and you should find those links. I'm looking for more information [​IMG]

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Whoa! What is this?
    http://www.bathurstlivewire.com/cnhometheatre.html
    Imagine that. NAD moves from the UK to within 10 km's (6.2 miles) from my house at Lenbrook and those sneaky buggers are releasing the receivers over seas first! ARgghh!
    Oh well. Anybody from New South Wales, Australia, see one of the new NAD receivers yet? I'm dying for info and NAD won't fess up over here. Why, maybe for fear of being stuck with their T751 and T761 on the shelves, at least, thats what I figure [​IMG]
    (Or maybe someone from New Zealand or the UK has seen the new T752 or T762?)

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Come on you overseas NAD T752 and T762 owners! I know you're out there. Fess up! Give us the goods. Please tell us about your NAD receivers [​IMG]

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Any overseas store owners who have these in stock? Come on man, help me out here [​IMG]

7. flenn

flenn Agent

I have a preliminary 2 page t762 data sheet given to me by my local dealer. I'm sure this is supposed to be "in-house" type info, but I'd be happy to scan and email if anyone wants it.

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

9. Tony Lai

Tony Lai Stunt Coordinator

10. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Pretty cool. Tony if you don't have them, I can forward them to you.
    I say it looks promising. At the very least, since the receiver is THX, the crossover should be 80hz which is at least better than the dreaded 100 hz that I have now in my Marantz Sr6200. After all this time, I think I can localize the sub blindfolded. It doesn't sound horrible, but it could be improved. As long as the NADT762 crossover slopes are nice and steep, that should be ok. I do hope however, that it has bass management with selectable crossovers but I highly doubt it since it wasn't in this little product info page, but you never know. The one good thing though, is at least the receiver has a MAIN-LOOP so you can probably set FRONT=LARGE and SUB=NO and use your own crossover, not to mention possibley an EQ [ if not in the main loop, then possibley in the tape loop! Thanks NAD [​IMG] ]. And I think it actually looks like the T762 has this pre-out main-in loop for the entire set of channels so that might mean it is ICBM ready [​IMG] Thats cool
    Also what I like is the 100 watts x 6 20hz-20khz all channels driven simultaneuosly into 8 or 4 ohms. 100 watts doesn't sound like much, but 6 simultaneous channels at 100 watts into 4 ohms! Thats pretty respectable I think. Although since this receiver ain't cheap, it makes sense that its beefy.
    Anyways, it looks promising. Expensive I'm sure, but promising. Hopefully the T752 will be similar and maybe a good less expensive option but I think it might have only 5 amplified channels. Either way, I'm itching to upgrade for many reasons. Also, as long as the NAD T752 and T762 perform the same with digital signals as the T751 I tried, they will not cut off the beginning of the digital signal, at least 99% of the time they won't. My testing of the NADT751 was the only receiver I tested with my DVD player that never missed aquiring the signal.
    Here's hopeing the new NAD's are yummy [​IMG]

11. Tony Lai

Tony Lai Stunt Coordinator

I will call that place tomorrow.
    Also you notice how well NAD is praised for it's sound quality.
    Check www.hifichoice.co.uk
    T.

12. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

True, NAD is praised for hi-fi sound quality. Not sure I could afford the T762 though. Might be looking more at the T752 but I'll see I guess. They aren't for sale in NA until July/August. If anybody hears about what sort of bass managemant these new NAD's will have, please do let us know [​IMG]

13. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Someone give a heads-up when they hit NAD's web page too, might be time to lose my current Pioneer and move to NAD.

A little web surfing later, I found this in a news group. It's translated from the original french, so it's not perfect... but gives a little info at least.

14. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yep, that info is cool. The mini-data booklet is interesting.
    I'm still very very curious about:
    1) the Bass Management that NAD will be employing
    2) Tone controls and their center frequencies
    3) If any "direct" modes exist and whether the subwoofer or tone controls, particularly the bass control will be available in those modes
    4) Sound quality
    5) Signal detection, which has proven to be good so far as I can tell
    Waiting patiently for the new NAD's