What's new

Anyone else clearing out their SD-DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I still have some VHS and Laserdisc titles and SD-DVD titles. Some of the LD titles I held on to just because they have a DTS track because the SD-DVD only came out with DTS, or just because I wanted to hang on to it. I have thought about only getting rid of the titles that I have upgraded to Bluray or HD-DVD. Now I will not get rid of a title just because it is SD because unless there is a HQ HD version to take its place there seems to be no point to it. I am starting to think about thinning out again, but only the SD-DVD that have been replaced with HD versions! I will admit though that I hate the fact that you end up loosing a big percentage of what those titles cost. Another reason I have been holding off selling is, what if my HD player goes out? My thought has been, then I can watch the SD version while the HD player is in the shop. But if I sell the SD duplicates off then I can put that money into HD titles or into my receiver fund?

HD has become my main format of choice no matter if it is on a disc or satellite. I think that it is only a matter of time before I start selling off SD-DVD's just to recoup some money for HD titles and so that I do not have movies sitting collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks