Anyone Else buy Less Than Zero

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Bloxham, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Matt Bloxham

Matt Bloxham Agent

I couldn't wait for this movie to come out on DVD. This is one of my favorite movies from the eighties! I have'nt seen to many posts about it, so I was wondering if anyone else picked this up on Tuesday?
    I wish it had more special features, but at least its on DVD[​IMG]
    Now if that John Hughes collection would just come out, i'd be even happier[​IMG]

2. Kristian Sorensen

I bought this one and enjoyed watching the movie for the first time since I saw it in the theater. Not the greatest transfer, but I've seen much worse than this. The soundtrack is still good and I think the DVD was well worth the price I paid.

Kristian

3. Matt_Marlow

Matt_Marlow Stunt Coordinator

I bought it too. I'm pretty happy with the transfer and sound, but I do wish they'd included more extras, especially a director's commentary.

4. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I picked it up at Best Buy yesterday for $12.99. I have never seen it all the way through but I caught about an hour of it on TV a few months ago.

I have owned the soundtrack since it first came out though... it was the only place Slayer's cover of In-a-gada-da-vida was available so I had to pick it up (I was a big Slayer fan back then when I was in high school).

5. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

I picked it up. High nostalgia factor. [​IMG]
    It'll probably be a month or two before I get to it, though. Too many DVD and not enough time! [​IMG]

6. Raymond Johnson

Raymond Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I just got a awsome rare poster from Austraila of the film!
    Won it ebay for $10..and got the right poster this time[​IMG] He sent me the original US poster on accedant before9since he was selling both) & i ended up paying $27 for the wrong poster! I kept it anyway..as it's a decent poster,but i'm glad i finnaly have this other one. Awsome artwork!
    I didn't know when this was coming to vdvd..glad it's already out..though i just bought 2 copies of Evil Dead:Book of the Dead(one for me,another for a friend) before it was to late..since alot of 'ebay' junkies as i call them where there sweaping as many copies as possible in order to sell at very high prices on ebay.
    So i swore that that would be the last dvd i buy for a few months as i'm trying to save my money + don't buy dvds 24/7,but still am low on $!..but maybe i can slip LTZ in there & then keep my word[​IMG]
    I have the soundtrack as well. I love Slayer's cover of Ina-gada-da-vida(spelled right?),i'm not a huge fan of them...but some of there stuff rocks & i own a couple of there cds. Danzig's You & Me(Less Than Zero) is my favorite song on the abulm other than The Bangles Hazy Shade Of Winter.
    The novel is also great & much darker + complete opposite of the film. Will Hollywood ever be brave enough to adapt Bret's work & stay true to the novels?
    Probably not,which is a shame as his books are great(really funny & disturbing). I would'nt be afraid to tackle the topics and stay true to the source[​IMG]...but i'm sure i'd have ahard time getting them made,lol.