Anyone dealt with this Direct TV vendor?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Cunningham, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Rob Cunningham

Digital Sat (Orbit Communication Corp.)
    They have some attractive DTV packages. While I've purchased dozens of things over the web, I'm a bit weary of buying this type of thing over the web. Has anyone bought a service/hardware from them? Or a similar vendor?
    I'm not really happy with the Digital Cable that ATT has been providing. Plus their pricing seems a bit high, so I'm strongly considering a Direct TV solution preferably something with Tivo.
    Thanks.

2. Al Fischer

Al Fischer Stunt Coordinator

Rob,
    I haven't bought from them. But I used a company called Mimi-Dishes.com. They are very good and reliable. They had the best prices. There store is set up as an Ebay Store. But you don't bid and wait.
    www.mini-dishes.com
    Check them out and see how they compare to the one you are looking at.
    I used mini dishes to get a TiVo system. Excellent price and services.
    Al

3. Jon_T

Jon_T Agent

Stay as far away from Digital Sat as you can. They have gone through money problems several times and are not very reliable. Search the Google newsgroups for Orbit Communications and you will see the problems they have had.

If you are familar with DBSforums.com, the premier DBS website, then here is an excerpt of their history which includes Digital Sat.

4. Rob Cunningham

Thanks for the info guys.

5. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Rob I sent you an HTF email thingie regarding Mini-Dishes.com. You may want to check it out before calling them.

Regards,

~~Nathan