What's new

Anyone dealt with this Direct TV vendor? (1 Viewer)

Digital Sat (Orbit Communication Corp.)
They have some attractive DTV packages. While I've purchased dozens of things over the web, I'm a bit weary of buying this type of thing over the web. Has anyone bought a service/hardware from them? Or a similar vendor?
I'm not really happy with the Digital Cable that ATT has been providing. Plus their pricing seems a bit high, so I'm strongly considering a Direct TV solution preferably something with Tivo.
Thanks.

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,
I haven't bought from them. But I used a company called Mimi-Dishes.com. They are very good and reliable. They had the best prices. There store is set up as an Ebay Store. But you don't bid and wait.
Link Removed
Check them out and see how they compare to the one you are looking at.
I used mini dishes to get a TiVo system. Excellent price and services.
Al

Jon_T

Agent
Stay as far away from Digital Sat as you can. They have gone through money problems several times and are not very reliable. Search the Google newsgroups for Orbit Communications and you will see the problems they have had.

If you are familar with DBSforums.com the premier DBS website, then here is an excerpt of their history which includes Digital Sat.

Seems like Jan. ‘96 was the real beginning - the name changed from The DBS Home Page to DBSDish.com - got a brief mention in Popular Electronics - did a couple of interviews. Almost forgot ..... the original name of the site was “The DSS Home Page” but RCA got a little upset with John using their trademark so he had to change it to DBS.

In Feb. of ‘97 the site was sold to Digital Satellite Source for a song and a dance. It’s was good though as John then didn't have to worry about paying the fees for having the DBSDish domain name, virtual server status, and tons of other goodies related to having a website with over 60M of files.

In May of 2000, that relationship soured. Digital Satellite Source was caught in a cash crunch with their merchant bank. When money gets tight people do strange things. Some arguments developed, and ultimately DSS locked John out of the DBSDish site. By mid-May it looked like DBSDish was going to be history.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Rob I sent you an HTF email thingie regarding Mini-Dishes.com. You may want to check it out before calling them.

Regards,

~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks