What's new

Anyone dare to compare Theta vs. EAD (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
With the new EAD TheaterMaster 8000 units introduction, they are going up against more popular players in the HT/music preamp arena. I don't think many people know or are familiar with EAD (Alpha Digital Tech) and it's products. I am wondering if I should upgrade my Encore to one of higher end units (ovation 8 ect) or just get a outboard DAC similar to what Theta offers (Superior/Extreme DAC's) Could this actually be done and will it be better? Any comparisions out there?
look at some specs here..

Kevin T

Screenwriter
keir:

i also have the ead theatermaster encore and i intend to upgrade the unit to the ovation-8 simply because i will gain balanced inputs for the front channels (i use an aragon 8008bb for the mains) and an eight channel analog pass through for the sacd / dvd-a. of course, the four stereo burr brown pcm1732 24/96 dacs are a nice addition to the 20-bit dacs in the encore. you can upgrade to the ovation-8 plus newer vcd disply for $1800. i'm not familiar with the theta upgrade route you mention. any links? if you do decide to go the theta route, please post your impression as i'm always open to new options.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks