What's new

anyone considering myst 3, stop by here first! (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I liked this one for PC, but can't imagine why anyone would want to pick it up for a console. Much better than Riven though. If you're even slightly interested, for the same price the Myst trilogy can be had for PC, which includes Riven and the Remastered Myst (not sure if this is RealMyst or not though).

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I couldn't get through the entire review. Myst is not my cup of tea, but so what? There are different types of games out there, and they have to be evaluated on their own strengths. I can't stand traditional statistics-driven war games, I just don't like those kinds of games - no matter how well done they are.
So because of that I could never "review" such a game, because I would have no way to evaluate it. I would just dislike it no matter what. The same thing appears to be going on here. This review is pointless. It doesn't really tell me anything about Myst other than the fact the reviewer doesn't like Myst-type games. How stupid.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
It doesn't really tell me anything about Myst other than the fact the reviewer doesn't like Myst-type games. How stupid.
You have a point but the reviewer even states that he feels that most console gamers will feel the same way.
I think most console gamers have come to expect more than the Myst worlds has to offer. On the PC I think the reviewer might have been more lenient. But the as he said, maybe it is just a non-interactive sideshow of watching videos and clips. If that is what it is MOST console gamers will be dissapointed.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
I wont argue that most console gamers dont like these....I dont really either, but my wife and kids do and I will buy this for them....Even though I can get it on PC for her, its fun for everyone to sit around the big screen and play together.

Try putting a price on family time gaming....I cant....

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Dave. Playing Myst or Syberia (recommended) with your GF on a big screen TV is like watching an interactive movie. It's great fun and definitively better suited for group playing.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I got ahold of a copy of the first Myst and loved it (up until it wouldn't work right on my PC). I'm hoping to get Myst 3 for the PS2 for my birthday (I don't have the PC system for it).

BTW, I'd much rather play Myst 1/2/3 on my TV while sitting on the couch than in a computer chair on a tiny monitor. For me, this is the best route for this game.

I'm also a puzzle fan.

Damien

Supporting Actor
wow, it outdoes blinx of all things...makes me question weither the ign review was put out without any thought

Users who are viewing this thread