What's new

Anyone coming up for the Harley 100th party? (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a motorcycle type of guy.. but, it is exciting to see Harley riders from around the world riding around town. (saw some from Scotland today)

Are any HTF'ers coming up? If they are, they're probably already on their way as the big event starts Thursday.

Apparently, there is a huge mystery musical guest for the big party on the lakefront Saturday. Rumors of the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Kid Rock, even U2 showing up are flying all over town. Here's a quote from the local paper:

Harley spokeswoman Amy Alarupi acknowledged hearing rumors about the Stones but said Monday, "Our position is that we will not confirm or deny who it is until the very moment of the show.

"I don't even know who it is. There are four people in the company who know. I can guarantee you no one will say anything. No one wants to be responsible for the leak."
It'll be amazing if it really is kept secret up until showtime.

It's predicted there will be some 500,000 bikers in the area and the sold out tickets are rumored to be selling on Ebay for $1000. (although I've yet to verify that)

I'll be locked in my house with the shades pulled enjoying a fistful of DVD's. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I love motorcycles, which is why I don't care for H-D's machines. :) (Just kidding, H-D owners.)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I won't be back home in Milwaukee until a few weeks after the party is over. I remember the 95th anniversary party and was stunned by the number of riders who came into town. I can only imagine how many people are there right now. I hope that the week is a fun (and safe) time for all and that the trip is worthwhile for those who came a long ways. Oh yeah- you now have an excuse to play your movies as loud as you want. You can always blame it on the hogs! :)

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Really I never knew. I'll have to look for that one of these days. Oh nevermind I know where it's at I drive by it everyday to work.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Ten guys from work here took time off, are using a semi to haul the bikes up, and staying there.

Why don't people RIDE them to these shows anymore? The road trip is the fun part. I'm with Jack on this one.:)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Ten guys from work here took time off, are using a semi to haul the bikes up, and staying there. Why don't people RIDE them to these shows anymore? The road trip is the fun part. I'm with Jack on this one
:D Todd, I knew this guy at work in Lake Mary. Used to trailer his bike (H-D)to Daytona ( < 40 miles away). It's not about the bikes with these guys, it's about the "lifestyle". They would flip out when I told them about my 600 - 1,000 mile days in the saddle on my BMW ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I've seen H-D "riders" trailering their bikes to events just scores of miles away. Never understood the mentality. And some of the H-D "weekend warriors" posing along L.A.'s world-famous Melrose Avenue are hilarious. I'll see several of them rumbling to the Johnny Rocket's to see and be seen. When they "corner," many use their legs as freaking outriggers.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
When they "corner," many use their legs as freaking outriggers.
Maybe they all used to motocross?? ;)

An idiot flew by me on a two lane, no passing, road a couple of days ago on a death rocket, with both feet out to steady himself. I was doing 50 (in a 35- oops) already, and he went by at 80+. I've seen the trickster guys on the sport bikes, and this guy wasn't one- he was just unsteady. I expect them to scrape him off the pavement shortly. Darwin at work, I guess.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Well, it's Thursday, and I cannot believe how many bikes are in town. I work in Milwaukee, and am awestruck.

Basically SE Wisconsin is flooded. The Hell's Angels even came up for this one. Their not wearing any colors, however.

There's something to do every night. Even the small dealerships have numerous beer tents and food/vendors out front.

Thiensville's main drag is closed tonight for the Booze Bros. to play. I'm heading down.:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
This sucks. I'm not a motorcycle guy, but I do enjoy Milwaukee's party-type atmoshpere during the summers (Summerfest, etc.). I wish I was there. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 100 years!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
So do you have to have a HD to go to these things? What would be the reaction to a bunch of bright yellow crotch rockets come rolling in with the guys wearing those full bright colored leather outfits?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks