What's new

Anyone collect McFarlane Toys ? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am going to give this thread a boost.
Today marked the launch of Movie Maniacs V... I made a quick stop at GameStop for Star Fox Adventures and picked up a couple. So far I have gotten The Lord of Darkness from Legend (coolest 6.5" Movie Maniac... ever) and the T-800 from T2 (also awesome).
The had no Jason X left when I got there :frowning: But I will try to find that one too. And I am still searching for my big, loveable 18" Edward Scissorhands (didn't get them in... EB told me they will have it next week).
Anyways, anyone else collecting this year? :)
PS: What is the deal with the 'Toothfairy'? :confused:
oh (and this is about a year-late oh :) )
I have never had a problem with my personal collection but I have heard that Mcfarlane is really good about replacing stuff. It's nice to know they care enough about there customers to replace accessories.
My Evil Ash fell over and his sword broke... called customer service and had a new one... for FREE in 2 days :) THAT is service :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I have some, also a few from other companies. I use them as supplements to the DVD collection to break up the monotony of endless spines in a row.

So I turn some DVDs outward and for ones with an action figure or statue I make a little display with the DVD case and the figure.

Like the small Ash with the Evil Dead trilogy (including the cool Book of the Dead).

But I also use other statue/figures outside of McFarlane's stuff (those his company does the best stuff it seems).

I added the Mad Max and dog (wish the car hadn't been canceled), Mu Bai (CTHD), Buddy Jesus (Dogma), Snake (I put it with EfromNY instead), Dr. Evil and Mini-Me on the cart (AP2), Trinity in jump pose (Matrix), and of course the Jaws one from McFarlane.

I wish the small Resevoir Dogs figures looked better.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I havn't gotten any of the small MM in quite some time, since series three to be exact, I mainly collect the 18" series now.
I'm going to get Edward maybe next week.
I WANT AN 18" VERSION OF THE CROW SO FREAKIN BAD!!! :)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I've got a bunch of McFarlane toys, but I really only buy what I really like.

Here's what I have:

All three Slap Shot figures

Dessicator (Big one)

Sleepy Hollow Horse Set (Big one)

A bunch of the motorcycle ones.

Most of the Austin Powers, sets 1 and 2

A bunch of assorted Spawns

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator
Lets not forget AvP
alienpredator.photo.01.jpg

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Bart, that is on my TO BUY list too... but it is not coming out till next month :D
Seth, my EB unexpectedly found a JAWS set in the back from last year a couple of days ago... I had never seen the set but DAMN is it cool. It is now adorning my action-figure shelf :) It was marked $19.99 but rang up $14.99 too :emoji_thumbsup:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of thinking of getting some of the sports figures in the Macfarlane set but this thread pushed me over the edge.

Only interested in Oakland Athletics and Denver Broncos collectables (as those are my favorite teams) and so far zip squat for those two teams. I HAD a favorite hockey team (long since moved) so I thought I would start collecting the hockey figures (goalies only).

Went to e-bay to get some of the first series because everywhere I see they are sold out.

Question: Do most of you open the packaging to display your collectable or do you keep it in package. Seems like resell value is very low if opened, but high if kept in package. I would like to open mine for display but this seems to be something that would kill the future value.

Opinions? By the way, what's with all the varients? Different Jerseys, water bottles, etc? Are certain jerseys really all that rare? (like the blue Shawn Green jersey)?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Question: Do most of you open the packaging to display your collectable or do you keep it in package.
They get opened; they're only potential toys until they come out of the box. I keep the card, but I figure they look much cooler posed than sitting in boxes.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've got the motorcycle from "akira" on my center-channel speaker. does that count? :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Do most of you open the packaging to display your collectable or do you keep it in package.
I never intend to sell my figures, so I throw away the packaging and display the figures :) It is no fun at all to leave your figures "trapped." Hell, the most fun of action figures is taking them out of the package and setting them up... plus I re-organize SOMETHING everyday. I am going to post some new pictures when I get a digital camera up here (at school). I now have (McFarlane-wise):
18" Ash
18" Leatherface
18" Freddy Krugar
MM5 'Lord of Darkness' from Legend
MM5 'T-800' from the Terminator movies
MM4 'Jaws' playset
MM4 'Evil Ash'
I also have all the Muppet figures so far from Palisades and I intend to collect every figure/playset that is made... it is my new favorite series :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Went all over town today looking for MM V, no one has them yet. I must get the Lord of Darkness figure along with Jason X and the 18" Edward has to be mine.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I collect a good few as well:
My collection is currently:
Medieval Spawn 1,2 and 3.
Wings of Redemption
Raven
Spawn (on throne of skulls)
Pirate Spawn
Overkill (18")
And 4 from the current set on order :)
My trie action figure collection is every single LoTR figures (not McFarlane mind you) Series 1, minus only one. Took a good while to pick them all up (I live on an island in the middle of the atlantic mind you) ;)
None the less, I'm quite proud having every one... Well, except the Cave Troll, I felt his role was overplayed in the movie and didn't want the figure in geeky protest.
Too bad series 2 and 3 (Bilbo, Aragorn v.2, Elrond, Faramer, random orc and goblin) are so horribly done, lop sided paint and beards, etc... Maybe it was a bad batch to my area, but the quality has made me pretend they do not exist.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
FYI, Gamestop.com now has 18" Edward Scissorhands IN STOCK for $29.99. I ordered there since I was informed that EB will not have it till the 15th and my Gamestop is not getting them.
:D

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I wanna thank you guys for making me a total convert with this thread. The McFarlane Sportspicks are awesome. I'm not much into collecting all four sports (except for players on my favorite teams), but the hockey ones are incredible, especially the goalies. I'm totally into this now.

I only have the Tommy Salo (Series 2) and the Ace Frehley (Kiss Creatures) so far, but will be getting many more. Terrific. Too bad nobody around here (Toy's R Us, Wal-Mart, EB, KB) carries the hockey...just the football and baseball. It's internet only for me. Anyone have any good links to good online dealers (already know about spawntoys.com). Thanks.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I had a really good McFarlane day today...
I found a sealed 18" Micheal Myers figure sitting on a high shelf in a comic shop collecting dust :D
also...
I just found a T-1000 from MM4 that I could never find on HALF.COM for $10 shipped :)
18" Edward Scissorhands arrives on Monday... so I will give you guys the scoop on it. :D
(still can't find Jason X... tried EB and Gamestop today. I am going to have to get that one online)

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my collection thus far.

MM4

T-800

T-1000

MM5

Endoskelton

Sarah Connor

Searching for:

MM5 Lord of Darkness

MM5 Jason X

And if anyone wants to sell me a 6-7 inch version of Eric Draven(The Crow) and/or Edward Scissorhands with all of the accessories and the poster thing- PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I got 18" Edward in the mail today... damn this is a cool figure. The figure DOES NOT say anything... but uses the motion sensor to activate a flutter of one of his hands. It is pretty cool, although the motor is a little loud (I probably won't leave it on).
I would rank Edward #3 in the MM 18" Series thus far...
1. FREDDY (from Nightmare on Elm Street)
2. LEATHERFACE (from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
3. EDWARD (from Edward Scissorhands)
4. ASH (from Army of Darkness)
5. MICHEAL MYERS (from Halloween)
On another note... DAMN do all these figures look cool unpacked on a shelf together. I will post some pictures once I get a digital camera here in Orlando :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks