Anyone checked out the Appleseed yet?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jerome Grate, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Saw it on the shelf at Best Buy the other day and was wondering if anyone has any comments on it.

2. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

I recall some of the folks in the Advanced Anime Discussion thread having good things to say about the theatrical release. I wasn't able to see it, though, since the nearest theatre was well over five hundred miles away. [​IMG]

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Im not a anime fan, but picked up the LE and i enjoyed it

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

It isn't the deepest thing in the world, but it looks good and has some pretty good action.

I thought the DTS track was wierd. It seems like some sounds are more muted than they should be. I haven't watched it again to see how the DD track holds up...

Jason

5. David Dias

David Dias Stunt Coordinator

My co-worker let me borrow it and I really enjoyed it. The story was a pretty good if a tad confusing and the animation is fantastic. I watched it with the original japanese track, but my co-worker claims the English dub was actually worth listening to. I usually stay away from English dubs as they completely ruin the movie IMO.

6. Jerome Grate

I'm convinced, I'll pick it up on Saturday.

7. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    It is pretty good anime if you ask me, groundbraking animation techniques. A good purchase.

8. Michael T

Michael T Extra

Sorry I'm late to the party on this. Just saw this movie on Monday night. What a surprise! Excellent animation and a good story. I hope more anime films start using the animation techniques employed here. As for the sound, it was also great. Don't listen to the English 5.1 track. It lacks bite. It just seemed like the highs were muffled. Anyway, if you want something to show off your sound system with listen to the DTS Japanese track. Great bass and very active surrounds. Very rich stuff!

9. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I picked up the 2-disc tin set on a blind buy at the Wal-Mart, and I was really amazed at the quality of the animation in the film. And it's got a pretty good story, to boot! Definitely worth checking out, if you like great anime!

10. Jerome Grate

Ditto, I was very impressed with the animation and the action was pretty good. Glad I added it to my collection of anime.[​IMG]

11. Lane_S

Lane_S Agent

I'll ditto that ditto. I had seen the trailer a year of so before the US release and thought it looked interesting with gorgeous animation. I enjoy some anime (Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangilon, FLCL - the basics), but am a fan of animation overall - not just one genre.

I thought it was OK on first view, but really enjoyed the story the second time I watched it. Visually - virtually every frame is a treat. In fact - I haven't seen it for a while so becuase of this thread, I think it will be an Appleseed night tonight.

12. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Enjoyed it very much. I have to screen it again now that I bought the new (better) DVD player...

[​IMG]

13. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I know the feeling. I have to watch again with the new projector now. [​IMG]

Jason