Anyone catching the Kenny Chesney tour this summer?

Discussion in 'Music' started by todbnla, Apr 12, 2006.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I had to take the misses last year prior to Katrina and to my surprise the show was pretty good. Not too mention all of the hords of screaming women of all ages. I was informed we were going to the show again this year in our area on the 21st. Any other spouses going with their wifes or s/o? Has I understand it, Dirks Bently and Sugarland are this years opening acts.

2. Tarkin The Ewok

Tarkin The Ewok Supporting Actor

I'm going to this show with my parents and sister. It's been a couple of years since I've seen Kenny live, and I'm looking forward to hearing the new stuff and seeing how he's changed the show. He's got incredible stage presence and a talented road band.

Actually, Carrie Underwood will be the opening act on the second leg of the tour along with Dierks Bentley.

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Heading out shortly for tonight's show, its about a 2.5 hr drive, we have not had rain in months and were getting bad thunderstorms today, plus my wife's car had a nail in the tire so were taking my truck.

UPDATE: The show was great, Sugarland opened up and did about 35 minutes which covers most of their hits out on radio now. Jennifer Nettles is not only hot but can sing just as good in person. Dirks Bently came on second, very good show too. Another great singer and the women went crazy over him. He played about an hour show. Finally, Kenny came out and played for more than one and a half hours, but the kicker was, he brought Uncle Kracker out to do the duet they recorded, they did about four songs after that! Wow, 4 separate popular acts!! At the end of the show Kenny and Dirks came out and signed autographs for about 10 minutes and then they took a brand new acustic guitar which they both signed on stage and picked out a young girl about 8 years old in the front row and gave it to. He even had a roadie give her a brand new case for it too! This is the second time in 2 years I've had the chance to catch his show and for the price of the ticket (if you can find one for that, we paid MUCH more than face value!) you can't beat his show. And a small prize to going is the fact that 75% of the audience is screaming women!! If this is your bag then catch it if you can, recommend!

4. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

That's pretty cool they came out and did autographs. Can't think of any other acts doing that....

I saw Sugarland in a mixed bill with Pat Green, JoDee Messina and that dude from The Ranch.... what's his name again... Keith somebody ??? [​IMG]

Sugarland definitely impressed me, but I became a huge Pat Green fan. The fan interraction during his set was insane. He's more texas-oriented rock than what is on the radio, but that's another reason he's so appealing.

5. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    An actual pic from the show:
    [​IMG]