What's new

Anyone catch 'A HAUNTING IN GEORGIA' on TLC last night? Scary stuff! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, those folks at TLC sure know how to make a grown man feel like a trembling 5 year old!

It was a double feature, they showed A Haunting in Connecticut (equally scary) followed by this new movie. I saw this story on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries awhile back, I recognized the part where the little girl was talking to "Mr. Gordy" and the man with the bloody hand at the front door.

To tell the truth, these two low budget made for television efforts, far outscare alot of bigger theatrical films i've seen! They're downright uncomfortable to watch!

If anyone from that network is reading this, keep them coming, those Unsolved Mysteries stories really translate well into movies, very EFFECTIVE movies! If I may suggest one, make a film about the family with the cursed bunk-bed next.

That 'USM' story still sticks with me to this day since I saw it back in 89 or so, gave me nightmares for a week. :frowning:

Anyone else see this?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
That was good but I think the one before it, "A Haunting in Connecticut" is better. I saw parts of it on Discovery a year ago but only watched the whole thing Sunday night.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Is A Haunting in Connecticut based on The Devil in Connedcticut book, or at least the same story? Man, that book was freaky!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember that much, as I read the book many years ago, but the 11 year old boy is always attacked by something he called "The Beast." Wish I could dig that book up again, but memories are probably scarier than the book itself.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I want to check this out, I've heard a lot about it.

For those that don't know but might be interested that unsolved mysteries segment segment is on the Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD that came out in October.

Rich.D

Auditioning
Anyone know what the music at the very end is of? When the older girl is playing the piano for the closing and credits. It's a really cool song but so far I haven't been able to identify it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I finally saw A Haunting in Georgia last night. I felt the first hour was much creepier and the second hour just was getting kinda of boring.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
A bit late on the alert, but I just got in from work and I saw this in the listings for 11:00 PM (Eastern) tonight on TLC. (Missed the earlier 9:00 PM showing...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks