What's new

Anyone care to speculate what big title Paramount might release on Aug 27?? (1 Viewer)

GaryCo

Agent
This is probably a shot in the dark, but it occured to me that it might just be Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ron said Indiana Jones is not on the list for this year, but didn't say Raiders was not on the list.Hmmnn...

Maybe Ron is giving us code - like I said wishful thinking!

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
But Raiders has (unfortunately) been renamed to "Indiana Jones and..." so the words "Indiana Jones" would have to appear on the list.
I guess SNF seems likely. Bummer :frowning:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My list has nothing for August 27th or 28th.

But the first week in September should

make horror fans VERY happy.

There seems to be a great deal of horror

films coming all at once.

And no codes, people! There are no RAIDERS

or INDY films on the schedule.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Ron,
Not wanting a hint or anything but will horror/mystery fans be able to refer to September as "My Bloody September"?
;)
Or perhaps, "Four Flies on Grey September"?

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
God I hope it is something better the SNF....isn't there any other movies that paramount can release that would we would all like to see, (besides indi), but, we can always dream, can't we? :D
R~

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
How about special editions or at least uncut versions of all 8 Friday the 13th movies for the first week of september

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Horror-wise, I'll settle for Student Bodies! :D
Otherwise, it's SNF the week of August 20th, methinks. Kewl.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Something HORROR related? Ron's got me all excited now! (Not that kind of excited.)
I did an IMDb search for Paramount/Horror/1968-1999 and here are the highlights:
April Fool's Day
Event Horizon
Friday the 13th(s)
Graveyard Shift
King Kong (remake)
My Bloody Valentine
Night School
Pet Sematary
Phase IV
Prophecy
The Relic
Rosemary's Baby
The Sender
Sleepy Hollow
Student Bodies
Tales from the Darkside
Thinner
So unless it's some OLD horror flicks (which are cool too), we could be looking at some uncut Friday flicks, which would be extremely cool, Student Bodies (which would make me very happy indeed), My Bloody Valentine (in September? :laugh: ) or a big fat whopping SE of the Delaurentiis KING KONG remake. This news would please lots of people, but I personally am not a fan of this flick. (I'm betting this will be one of their big releases.)
Either way, it's promising to see that Paramount has some horror stuff in the works!

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Give me 10 men like David Lambert, and I could destroy the world.
Good detective work, Inspector Clouseau...err, Lambert. :)
It'll be interesting to see what makes the list. Was this an official Paramount poll or just an HTF poll? I guess I wasn't around for it.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Walt, Martin Blythe was kind enough to ask for our input regarding which "B" titles we'd like to see on DVD in the future. As you can see, horror pretty much dominated the list, so this announcement could be great. I just can't see Paramount doing anything uncut though, although it would certainly make my day (or year even) if they released any of their slashers uncut. I will be psyched just to see the nominated horror films making the list, but I really hope at least some of them have some extras or uncut footage. Here's hoping *crosses fingers*.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Walt - This was an HTF specific poll, solicited by Martin Blythe. Mr. Blythe asked the HTF membership to list their top five 'B', or catalog title requests. A few of the obvious high profile titles ( such as Raiders of the Lost Ark, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, etc. that were already the subject of discussion were not considered for this poll, if I recall correctly. )
For me, the most interesting side effect of the poll was an influx of new members requesting titles from the horror genre.
- Walter.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Well, it looks like quite a few films from that poll were taken into serious consideration by Paramount, as Marathon Man, The Elephant Man, Bad News Bears, The Prophecy, etc. have already been released. And a few others have been announced at different times (Don't Look Now, Silver Bullet).
So it'll be interesting to see what makes the cut in Sept.
I'm crossing my fingers for mysteries like Murder on the Orient Express, My Bloody Valentine, and Four Flies on Grey Velvet.
If the films are made more coherent by viewing an uncut print (My Bloody Valentine had a good set-up, but was an editing mess) then I guess I'm all for that too. I'm almost over the hill...I'm a doctor...I can handle a little blood. :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You guys are good!

I'll say one thing -- Martin has taken this

forum's opinion very seriously.

He reads your input, and that input often

got DVD titles released.

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the teases Ron & Mr. Blythe for taking our comments seriously.
I have a idea of what the big title may be..i'm hoping for either Saturday Night Fever or Grease(both all time favorites of mine),since Indy's out of the picture for now.
As for the titles in September to be VERY happy about.....hmm well thats got all of us wondering & peaked our curiosity to the max. I hope at least one title may be restored since a cerain other title(i'm sure) is out of the picture for now. Then i/we will truly be happy:)
I can't wait for September!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks