anyone care to adopt a newbie?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jacob_, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Jacob_

Jacob_ Auditioning

greetings, just looking for someone I can probe the mind of as my theatre room is developed. All of the equipment has been ordered and I just want some insight with what I've gotten myself into. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this..
    thanks,
    jacob

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Welcome... I think your in the right spot. I will assure you that if you ask some specific questions- the answers will come [​IMG] As for adoption....funny stuff.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Jacob. Welcome to HTF!

We have an entire fourm dedicated to HT Interiors: HT Construction, Interiors, Automation . We also have a fourm dedicated to "Home Theater Builder" magazine which should be of special interest to you.

I strongly suggest you look back through several months of the Interiors fourm to see the types of problems others have had and gotten solutions to. It's a great way to discover issues you may not have thought about.

The Basics area always welcomes newbies, but you are free to post even basic questions in the more dedicated areas if you want. Unlike other websites, our moderator staff quickly removes anyone who is rude or impolite to others.

It IS considerd polite on your part to at least scan things and use the SEARCH feature first. Many common questions like "Banana Plugs", "What video cables", "How do I calibrate my speakers", "How do I place my subwoofer" have been answered many times. Reading these first, then asking follow-up questions is considerd polite and will gain you both respect and thoughtfull responses.

Enjoy your stay, and congratulations on taking the step to a dedicated HT Room.

PS: We love other peoples stories. My advice would be to start a thread in the "Interiors" section listing the room choice, decisions you made, equipment selected, etc. This can become a running "blog" of your experiences.

4. Jacob_

Jacob_ Auditioning

thanks guys..I appreciate the kind words. I've searched out a thread that has pictures of everyone's media room but to no great avail...any leads there?
    thanks,
    jacob

5. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Jacob,
    Once again welcome!
    You will find this forum very friendly & informative. I knew nothing about home theaters this time last year. By January I built my first. It got flooded [​IMG] and now my second is almost finished. (bigger & better of course) [​IMG] You will find much information on what to do and how to build, but you should also check out what we wish we had done differently after completing our theaters.
    Here is a 12 page Gallery of members theaters.
    Have fun.

Dave