What's new

Anyone buy extended warranty from Warrantech? (1 Viewer)

Dan_Whip

Agent
Just noticed that you can buy a 2 year 100% covered warranty from Warrantech for $29.95. Plus, it's renewable, so in theory you can spend 30 bucks every other year and be covered for life. They were not listed on Resellerratings.com so I don't know anything about them. Has anyone ever bought one of these and are they really as good as they look? Thanks for the help.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
If you turn the gear on, and the magic smoke doesn't appear, odds are you're not going to need any warranty beyond what the manufacturer offers. The only thing I'd worry about is stuff with moving parts, like DVD players, and in some cases the warranty may claim that if they die, it's just normal wear & tear...

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Dan_Whip,

While it's true that nine times out of ten you won't have any problems with new gear, I feel it's always better to be safe than sorry. IMO it is definitely worth a little extra to get a good extended warranty, especially on higher end gear. If nothing else, it's nice to have peace of mind knowing that you're covered for years to come. Warrantech is a good reputable extended warranty company. I have most of my stuff covered by them.

SV

Users who are viewing this thread