What's new

Anyone buy a Denon 1802 or 2802 from reliableaudiovideo.com? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Seems like there prices are pretty good and they say they will take care of warranty work. Anyone hear any good/bad experiences with them? Thinking about using them for my next receiver in a few months.

thanks

I've purchased Denon 4802, 3802 and Klipsch reference speakers from them. Service was excellent and what great prices. Some people had mixed experiences but they were mostly connected with tracking numbers of shipments. I would give them a try.

Roger Kint

Stunt Coordinator
I've purchased a 2802 from them and have had no problems. Service is good if you know the right number to call. I found a quicker customer service number here: 800.978.6253, which wasn't on the web site.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I haven't purchased from them. However, I deeply considered them when I was trying to make a purchasing decision. I spent quite a bit of time talking to one of their more knowledgeable individuals and it was definately a "no pressure" situation. When the decision to purchase additional equipment comes around again, they'll be in the top 5 vendors that I'd personally deal with.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Great ... thanks for the feedback. I just noticed on their site that if you have a problemwith your equipment, they will arrange at their cost topick it up, fix it, and get it back to you. Has anyone had to do this. Are they good to deal with? Thanks so far.

Jason

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I have bought several components from them. They are the same guys that run Uncle Stereo in NY. The only drawback that I have experienced is that items reported as in-stock and requested to ship Air didn't arrive in a timely manner .... but they eventually got here and shipping charges refunded.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Whatever Phil or Steve at 6th ave( Steve is back)tells you has always been 100% on the money. Unkle Stereo, I have no info on at all??????
I wish I could visit NJ and see their hudge show room with all the high end stuff. The pictures I have seen are awesome. These guys pay the freight if you stuff is DOA. And they are an autorized dealer for everything they sell and an authorized Denon internet dealer.:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Matt Sweadner

Auditioning
I called them today looking at the B&K 307 & Mac MHT 100. Prices are good, but they said for warranty work they have to send the unit to their supplier to be forwarded to McIntosh because they are not an authorized reseller.

Has anyone gone through this and if so, how did it work out?

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
The only drawback that I have experienced is that items reported as in-stock and requested to ship Air didn't arrive in a timely manner .... but they eventually got here and shipping charges refunded.
I've had this exact experience several times with them. I think they're good people at heart, but they have terrible (or none at all) inventory management. As a result, even if they claim something is in stock, by the time they process your order if may not be. That's what happened to me quite recently. At that point it gets pretty frustrating because I don't find them to be particularly proactive regarding communication of your order status. You'll have to call them yourself (in my case, quite frequently) to find out what's going on.

That said, their prices are good and they're very nice, and when the item is in stock the process works flawlessly. I've purchased 3 or 4 things from them and other than the "in-stock/out-of-stock" issue, I've had no problems. I'd consider ordering from them again as long as I didn't mind the possibility of a delay with no communcation on the status of my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks