What's new

Anyone built with the ASUS A7V266-E mobo? (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Hello all, Im looking for mobo advice on the ASUS A7V266-e because Im building a cpu for a friend. I recently went and built my first cpu with the Soyo Dragon + mobo. While I've had nothing but good times with this mobo, I was disappointed with the whole PCI slot problem it has. Needless to say, I advised my friend to get the ASUS A7V266-E.

I was hoping if anyone who has this board can give me some good advice. Things to look out for, what type of setup is required. Is this mobo jumperless? Anything you got would help a great deal.

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
For all the info you could ever use, check out the asus section of the forums at www.amdmb.com
I've had the a7v266-e for a few months now and it has been a great mobo for me, absolutely no problems.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Must be a "Rob" thing :)
I built a A7V266-E system in Jan:
AMD1700XP+
80GB HD W.D.
512MB DDR
ASUS 7700 Pure (Ge-Force2 Ti 64MbDDR)
Sony16x CDRW
Liteon DVD 16x
Enermax 430w
Windows2000 Pro
Get the latest ASUS BIOS/Help/Tips/Tricks from:
A7V Help
I have had some power problems (not going into standby mode, not coming out of hibernate mode etc.) not sure if that's W2Ks fault or not.
The latest BIOS helped speed up boot time (by disabling the RAID/Promise controller) as the 266-E is a raid board and looks for a long time for other controllers on the other IDE channels
Good Luck, and post back after you get it all running!
~Rob

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys.
I always keep an eye on www.amdmb.com since I built my own AMD computer but I like this forum much better - though not as specific.
I have all the parts, Im just waiting on the case... should be here Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks