What's new

Anyone built EROS II speakers? (1 Viewer)

Randolph

Auditioning
Hi,

I am new to the group and hope the folks here can help me with questions that are largely of the audiophile/stereo type. I am a DIYer on a budget and need to replace my ageing KLH tower stereo speakers. I read the excellent web page article on the Eros written by Wayne Jaeschke and believe the Eros would work well for home theater, especially used in multiples and with a subwoofer.

My intended use is different though. I would anticipate having just two speaker units, no sub, and played through a vintage Sansui receiver of 60 watts. I wonder how well these speakers would work for my application? I am not as much interested in replicating earthquakes or gunshots as I am in acheiving a well balanced and detailed acoustic image. I listen to jazz and classical mostly with an occassional session of classic Led Zep' played loud.

Has anyone built the Eros and how impressed were you with the sound? Should I be looking at another kit instead? I do want floor standing speakers. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Randy

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently building one. It's not completed yet so I can't tell you how it sounds. If you do decide to build one I might be able to give some tips on not to make the mistakes that I did.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks