Anyone built anything from Bottlehead?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by millercv, Sep 20, 2001.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I saw the bottlehead.com DIY amp/preamps mentioned in another thread and have been intrigued with the idea. Does anyone here have any experience with them/opinions? I could see building it to get stereo stuff away from the HT, but I'm concerned if it would drive my speakers well too or would I need some new speakers too...
    Thanks,
    ------------------
    ------------
    Chris Miller
    "Nothing can kill the Grimace."

2. MattD

MattD Stunt Coordinator

I own the Bottlehead Foreplay Preamp. It is an amazing piece of equipment. It was very easy to build and there are tons of upgrade options for those who wish to explore the ins and outs of tube pre-amps. I ordered the Whole deal but built it first stock (without the sweet whispers or anticipation upgrades). It sounds great. In time I will put in the upgrades to fully apreciate what the upgrades do. At 150 for the basic kit or 300 for the whole deal I don't think you can go wrong. Don't forget to check out the bottlehead forums. There is a very loyal and informative following there.

3. David_D_C

David_D_C Agent

I've always wanted to get something from there. Last summer I took a week off from work and built some Superwhamodynes from the plans on bottlehead.com and I was very impressed with the results. The NAD 3020 driving the Super's took a dirt nap last month so now might be a good time to get some tube stuff from there.
    [Edited last by David_D_C on September 21, 2001 at 05:16 PM]

4. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Thanks for the input I'm ordering the basic kit today [​IMG]
    ------------------
    ------------
    Chris Miller
    "Nothing can kill the Grimace."