What's new

Anyone bought a new Ford Escape/.Mazde Tribute? (1 Viewer)

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
The 3.0L Vulcan (12 valve) engines in Fords have been very reliable. I believe the 3.0 Duratec (24 valve) has been a good engine as well. The engine problem in Fords/Merc's was the 3.8L and involved headgasket leaks in the 94-95, and some say 96 timeframe. Ford doesn't use the 3.8L in Taurus/Sable anymore. This did not affect the 3.0L. Having said all of that I agree that Ford still has a long way to go to match the reliability of Toyota's, Honda's and Mazda's.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I rented a Ford Escape over the weekend to drive to Chicago and though it drove really well, the problem i had is mostly cosmetic. The driver side panel on the door for locks, windows was too low. My knee kept on hitting the corner of the panel. So if you have longer legs like i do, this is a pain. The windshield wiper stick was a pain in the butt to figure out, long story won't get into it. They had 2 "oh shit" bars on both the driver and passenger front seats. One was right above the head, the other kitty-corner to the driver and passanger. I'm not sure why the 2nd one was there, it just seemed to stick out and be out of place.

Otherwise it was a fine piece of machinery.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks