Anyone Been To Yoshi's In Oakland?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Al B. C, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

It's my 25th wedding anniversary this year and I was contemplating popping for some pretty expensive tickets to see Diana Krall Memorial Day Weekend there.

Before I drop the dough, I wanna know if the place is as good as they promote it to be.

I'd like to make a weekend out of it so any suggestions on where to stay in the area would be appreciated as well.

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. gregD

gregD Second Unit

ABSOLUTELY!

Yoshi's is a superb jazz club... it's a newish facility located in Jack London Square, which itself a great visitors' destination on the waterfront in Oakland.

The club is a gorgeous, intimate setting for music... the sound is among the very best I've heard in the Bay Area... you can enjoy a meal with the show (good sushi!)... I've been several times and am looking forward to the next visit.

Here is a link to lodging at JLS (no firsthand experience, but I hear the Dockside is fun)... and San Francisco is just across the Bay Bridge.
    http://www.jacklondonsquare.com/lodgingframe.html

Enjoy.

3. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

Thanks a million Greg. [​IMG]

Before I spent a half a million bucks on seeing Miss Krall, I just wanted to make sure this was the real deal.

I appreciate the lodging links as well.

Oh well - it's only money. [​IMG]