What's new

Anyone any experiences with new EAD Powermaster series (8300)? (1 Viewer)

Steve*MH

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure if it has already been released or not, but it is the only multichannel amplifier that I can think of that actually has 8 channels of amplification in one chassis and still has considerable power per channel (300 into 8 ohms, 500 into 4 ohms). I know that there are 10 and 12 channel amps out there but there are mainly for multiroom usage and have only 100 watts per channel. With all the changes in surround formats and the possibility of 10.2 lurking in the future, it seems the more channels the better with also opportunities for bi-amping with "extra channels". I have heard some good things about the previous EAD line in the Powermaster 1000 and 2000. Anyone have any experience with the EAD Powermaster line and how does it compare with the other super high-end multichannel amplifiers out there? I really like the "jeff rowland" look, but does it perform well and does it actually meet its specs of 300x8 under all situations? Does having so many channels in one chassis hurt its performance in any way?
Thanks.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Hmmn, EAD's website has been down for quite a few months now so I can't get any info on the 8300. What's the MSRP on that thing?

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it is available and quite nice. If I did not already have a Classe and Levinson combination, I would get the new EAD amp to match my EAD 8000 proc. It is on par with the classe stuff.
Here is the website (and it has not been down at all):
http://www.alphadigitaltech.com/index.htm
:)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I've owned the Powermaster 1000 for 18 months, and it has driven PSB Stratus speakers and now the Polk LSi's. Outstanding sound for the money (I paid $1750). Wouldn't trade it for anything except the 2000 or the 8300 (300X8? Holy Sheesh!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks