Anymore news on The Adventures of Superman?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I remember a few months ago we were told that Warner Brothers was indeed working on releasing The Adventures of Superman with George Reeves to DVD. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything new like possible release dates, whether they plan on releasing season sets, or if they plan on any extras for the set. Considering that both Lois Lanes and Jimmy Olson are still alive, I think it would be incredible if they could interview them for the set.

2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I don't have a release date for you Carlos, but didn't Warners say that there were restoration issues with these? If so, it could take awhile.

I have no idea what shape the original elements are in or if a search has to be done to find scenes cut for syndication, etc. (I read in one of the Yahoo groups that the Columbia House tapes occasionally used syndication prints rather than the complete episodes). In my opinion, I would rather WB take their time with this and deliver a high quality product. This show has high sentimental value for me and even holds up when I catch an episode today (not all vintage shows do).

Besides, Warners has a hold on my bank account on all the things that are already announced for 2004! [​IMG]

Steve

3. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Steve, I agree with you 100%. If it means waiting an extra year to get these episodes, complete, uncut, and in as pristine shape as possible, by all means, let's give WB/DC the all the time in the world. I also hope they do include interviews and commentaries, because this was a revolutionary series indeed. It holds a special place in my heart, as I'm sure it does many other baby boomers who either grew up with the show during its initial run in the 50s or when it ran alongside Batman in the 60s. Warner Brothers/DC needs to take special care in the release of this classic.