What's new

Anybody watching THE COMEBACK? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I'm surprised at how much I enjoy this show.

I thought the first few episodes were a little hard to take, and that Valerie's belief that she was still a star wore thin with me after the second episode.

I'm happy that the entire cast of "Room and Bored" now has to deal with the Wrath of Hollywood, and not just Valerie. I like that the cast now has to deal with the possibility of Junna becoming the show's "breakout star" and the addition of the woefully unfunny "Beedy Boys" (would ANYBODY watch a show featuring these guys?).

I still wince any time Valerie has to butt heads with the writer who absolutely hates her. Is that guy a d*****bag or what?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the part that I did LOL at was Valerie trying to handle the situation with her step-daughter during the end credits.

Lisa has to have some ache-y cheeks from putting on that fake smile of Valerie's during shooting the show.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I caught the end of the episode last night. Hilarious. When she was yelling at the crew to pull the kid down from the fence I couldn't stop laughing.

This show has really grown on me. I'm really hoping for a renewal now.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
Was ANYONE surprised that Valerie was the only one to stay home?
I guess I'm in the slow lane with this one, because I was surprised.

It never occurred to me that her castmates would go to all that trouble of making her agree to the "sickout" and then change their minds and go to work without telling her. That was unbelievably cruel. I thought Juna was sorta her pal, and the other cast members liked her or at least didn't hate her. I thought Paulie G was her only real nemesis. But everyone seems to be out to get her, or else they're just inconsiderate morons. Or all of the above.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
But everyone seems to be out to get her, or else they're just inconsiderate morons. Or all of the above.
I don't think there was any malice in not telling her, just a general air-headedness.
Remember the one dude tackled Bobbidy [or was it Bibbidy?] for talking mean to her. So I think they're on her side, just not real smart.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I got this from imdb.com I never watched this show, I changed the channel after Entourage but I figure I would let this shows fans know & I did a search for "The Comeback" on this forum & nothing showed up.
Kudrow's 'Comeback' Canceled
Former Friends star Lisa Kudrow is disappointed after learning cable network HBO has canceled her comedy series The Comeback. After Friends ended last year, Kudrow signed a deal with HBO to write, executive produce and stars in the mockumentary comedy about former sitcom star Valerie Cherish, who is desperately trying to revive her career. Although HBO ordered 13 episodes of The Comeback, the show only managed to gain 1.5 million viewers and received mix reviews. A publicist for HBO confirms, "(Co-creator) Michael Patrick King and Lisa Kudrow developed a uniquely original series. However, we looked at our schedule, and, given our future commitments, we felt we would not be able to give the show the support it needed."

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I watched every one because I couldn't find anything else to watch in it's time slot.

I am not disappointed it is canceled.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Tt was funny at times but I can't see how that premise would have lasted for more than a season anyway. I did watch every episode, but mostly because it followed Entourage.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am a bit disappointed it was cancelled.

I loved it at first, sort of got tired of
the one-trick pony style of it after a while,
but yet found it entertaining enough to keep
coming back for.

Make sense?

I do have to agree that unless Kudrow's
character fought back against the people and
situations that were bringing her down, the
show would have remained tiresome.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Back for the second season of this show.

Anybody who watched it this past week --- very touching episode concerning

an event that happened during The Emmys.

Not certain if this was the last show of the season or not.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think it was, but I haven't caught up to the last few episodes myself. I doubt we'll see any more seasons. The ratings this year were worse than the first season all those years ago. It just seems that Valerie Cherish and her eternal desperation does not strike a chord with viewers. I find these shows rather fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks